Scion XB Forum banner

Powdercoating

5K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  miloxb 
Yeh im thinking not. I had gotten another toyota set, but when u change wheels. You either get em reprogrammed or deal with the light. Personally, I hate em.
I just take my gauge apart and cover the light with a piece of electrical tape and presto no more light!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Yeah I prefer the good old days before people were too lazy to regularly check their tires!

Ha! If you're going to do it right though the tires have to be cold - not driven on for several hours. I usually think of it as I am getting out of the car - too late for accurate readings. I do actually still check my tire pressure from time to time. That doesn't help though when you are driving and start losing air!

BTW I don't know how the sensors work on Scions, but the Mini rep explained when we bought my wife's Clubman that the sensors detect if one tire is different from the others (by more than 5 psi I think). If all the tires gradually lose pressure (as tires do) they could all be low and the sensors wouldn't trigger the light. It is especially important to periodically check the pressure in her run-flats. The sidewalls are so stiff you wouldn't necessarily notice low pressure by just looking at them.
All good points! You sir are a gentleman and a scholar! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.