Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a little confused. Probably since I haven't purchased a new car in fourteen years. Anyway, I want to buy a new xB, so I built one online with the accessories I wanted. Then, I went to the dealer and they told me that I could get one with that configuration, but if have to pay hundreds of dollars in labor costs if I wanted all those accessories. I'm confused. I thought I could just configure the car online and buy it at the price listed. Am I wrong? Is the dealer ripping me off? I'm not buying anything without researching this more.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I smell deep bs. I believe the addons are install included. Which is why its expensive. I didnt build mine. I got a 'leftover'. You can save yourself hundreds if not more by adding what you want yourself.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Sounds like BS to me too, but here is what the Scion website says about "Pure Pricing". Notice it says the price you see at the DEALERSHIP is the price you pay. Why bother putting a price on the build page then? Maybe call Scion corporate and ask? (Call the Scion Customer Experience Representative at 1.866.70.SCION)

PURE PRICE - A DEFINITION

Scion Pure Price means the price you see in the dealership, on the dealership's website, or other dealer advertising locations is the price you pay. This applies to the vehicle, accessories, finance rates and insurance products. With Scion Pure Price, you know the price you will pay and you don't have to spend your time negotiating.

WHY USE PURE PRICE?

Our customers told us they want a shorter, simpler process with less pressure - and we listened. With Scion Pure Price, you don't have to negotiate price - or wait for someone to "crunch the numbers."

MSRP VS. DEALER'S PRICE

MSRP is the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price that appears on Scion.com. The price that is shown on your dealer's website, which may or may not be the same as MSRP, is the price you'll pay for your new Scion. Pure Process is a completely transparent pricing system to help save you the time you would otherwise spend negotiating for a "deal."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.