Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, tommorrow first thing, I take my scion for its first oil change, when I scheduled it I ask them to reprogram the cars locks to unlock all doors with one press of the keyfobs unlock button. The dealer told me that cannot be changed, and its a safety feature that can't be changed, even after I told them that the owners manual says otherwise (like page 10 or 11 somewhere in there), I now have the page marked in the owners manual but If I can tell them what page or print out the page in there svc manual just incase they play the misprint in the manual card. I've had plenty of problems from Ford dealers, I hope to have none at the local Scion.

This dealer already told another tech (we have 4 of these) that the scion only gets one (1) free oil change even though we got mail from Scion says 5k and 10k are both free, so I'm not liking what I hear about this dealer already.

Update: I'm on my way to the dealer now, Hopefully I can get them to change the locks while I'm There

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, forgot to update on this, Yes I told them that they have to hook the handheld computer up to it to program it after the tech and shop manager went to the store manager and all three told me its not possible, after I pointed out in the owners manual it could.

Then they charged me $42 for 5 minutes of work. They didn't say there'd be a charge for it :( The total bill was $90 for first oil change and lock change. My boss also told me never to take any of our 4 xb's back to the dealer even for the free oil changes, I was the third one to take the car to teh dealer for the oil change, maybe he was being billed for the oil changes? I dunno but the boss was mad with them about something.

One of our 4 has to go back for the radio, the radio locks up on the display and stops working.

One thing that got me, the oil cap says 0w20 or 5w20 oil. But the dealer put 5w30 in it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts