Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have a new project. I finally got a theme and project design that I am working on. I am going to keep it a little on the classified side for now. As I get new parts and get farther along with the project I will start posting up sneak peaks at the project. I am keeping it classified due to the whole Gangster body kit scenario. So until its more in progress I will be talking more about it. A few on here know the project so I can have discuss ideas and get suggestions. Here is a list of the basics

New wheels. Yes I will be selling the ones I have. Tis a shame cause I get lots of compliments on them but they don't work with the project.

The 5 axis body kit will be used

New rear spoiler. Yes I need a different spoiler for the look. I already have it picked out. Just need to sell the one i have

New grill, got the picked out already.

New headlights. I was already working on a custom headlight conversion. It will work for this project. I just need some headlights to take apart

Custom hood. I am going to buy a factory steel hood and have it modded. If anyone has a carbon hood and wants to part with the factory one let me know.

New paint scheme. I won't be painting the xB. I will be using a half-body wrap. That way I can go back to normal. I will also retain the gold coloring in the scheme.

Thats the basics. There is more to the project but thats the major stuff. Look for updates in the future.

· Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok I was hoping to give you a new sneak peak at project interceptor but I am having a little bit of an issue with my new spoiler. Its not a 100% factory fitment. More like 98%, which is not a big deal its just keeping from getting it so I can take a picture. I may end up not being able to update with a photo unitl I actually have it painted and installed.

I have also found a few other parts at resonable prices and I have secured a set of headlights so it is under way. Will be more under way after the wedding though. Only reason I am working so hard on the spoiler is cause I got holes in my rear deck and thats not a good thing with the rain thats coming.

· Registered
10 Posts
EvilJack...do you get discounts or some kind of sponsorship deal to get your hands on all these upgrades? I don't mean to blow up your spot...but i'd love to be able to do some of the stuff you're doing to your xB

· Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mikeinco66 said:
EvilJack...do you get discounts or some kind of sponsorship deal to get your hands on all these upgrades? I don't mean to blow up your spot...but i'd love to be able to do some of the stuff you're doing to your xB
Nah dude this is the perfect place to ask these questions. You gotta learn to network hehe. I do have a sponsor for my vinyl which nets me discounts. Alot of what I do is just planning. I sold my old spoiler to buy my new spoiler. I will do the same with my wheels. I will propably take a $300 hit on the wheels but I have had them for a while and put mileage on them.

I know a guy that does killer work and he is hooking me up on the work. I may end up being sponsored by him or at least promote his work. Plus alot of this is not going to happen fast. I got a wedding in two weeks so money is tight at the moment. Once thats over money will free up. I also work alot of overtime. Plus I kinda want to get this stuff in the works before we start having kids. Cause once that happens I won't have money for this.

Also I already learned ahead of time. Don't spend more then you have. I don't buy it if I don't have the money. I won't use credit cards. If I did I would probably have more done but thats not gonna happen.

· Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for the info Jack..

It's Much Appreciated..

· Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh and since I couldn't post up a sneak peak fo the spoiler I decided to give you guys a sneak peak at the hood. This is not the hood, this is just what my hood is being designed after. It should look like it only a bit shorter and smaller.

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
That looks COOL!

I wonder what the project will end up looking like . . .

Should be cool, if the hood is an indicator.
Oh, it looks like it should have some power under that hood.
Looking into the TRD supercharger too?

· Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
And these are the wheels that are currently at the top of my list for this project. They have them in chrome which would work better for the look I am going for, but they are an extra $600. I don't need chrome that bad.

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Do the come in GOLD . . . ?

· Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well its going to progress over the winter time. The hood is going to be a factory steel hood with fiberglass modding. It will be a second hood so I can switch back to factory should I ever need too.

The wheels don't come in gold, or bronze. However if I feel the need to color match them I can always powder coat the spokes. For right now the silver is the look I am going for.

The spoiler should be done in a week or so. The wheels won't come along till I sell mine. Even if I were to buy them tommorrow they won't go on until after this coming winter. The hood is TBA as I don't even have the donor hood to start with. Once I get that my guy is going to start working on it. Headlights I am hoping to start on in october. They probably won't go on until summer either but I will probably test fit them and hook them up for pictures before that.

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
You know . . .
I think it is from something else!

I am getting a sneaking suspicion of his plan . . .

(If I have it visualized right, it will be AWESOME!)

· Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wave Rider said:
you gonna mod the interior?
The interior is getting done here and there, but is not part of the project that this falls under. Next big thing for the interior is my subwoofer/amp install, and I am having some more of the interior body panels color matched.

The hood is not from a firebird. I won't tell you just yet what its off of as thats still top secret. I will tell you however that the '69 ford mustang mach 1 came with a similar hood. The cowl on top is a L88 type cowl which I believe is a GM design. Kind of odd since I never thought about it like that.

· Registered
10 Posts
Is this....

What you have in mind?....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.