Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have developed a theme for my car and wanted to do some brainstorming on here for some ideas. My idea is the U.A.V. or the Urban Assault Vehicle. This weekend I blacked out all my lights and coated my exhaust tips black. As well as painting some things under the hood black. I also reupholstered the door panels with urban camo. That is what brought on the idea of the UAV.Everything on the outside that is able to be blacked out is. Along with the rims. I was wanting some ideas for the interior and exterior. Just wanted to see what you all thought and get some good ideas. The mods can be just about anything elctronics, exterior, I am open to all suggestions. Ill post a pic of the UAV so you all have a starting point. Allthough I do not have recent pic with blacked out everything and camo doors because my wife is out of town and she took my camera so as soon as she gets back I will post the new pics.
THX!
UAV_xB :) :D

· Registered
613 Posts
you could mount a gun rack on the rear hach with a couple of AR-15's in it, and store hand grenades in the cup holders! lol :D

seriously though, i love the theme and can't wait to see some more pics!

· Registered
23 Posts
If you switch up the gauge face and stereo to green lighting it would look like night vision. Maybe even some other green LED's in cup holders, C pillar storage bins, maybe even ground effects. Just a thought.

I'm struggling with a theme for mine - only had it a month, still looking everywhere for ideas online!

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
First:
Do you want a grays and black "urban camo" look?
Do you want an ACTUAL urban camo?

If the second, one must then decide on 2 options:
1. Blend into the environment (invisible).
2. Blend into the general environment (anonymous).

for the first, look at the hues and shapes in a real urban enviro and see what you can blend into.
For the second, think "Bond Car" and have retractable stuff on an otherwise anonymous vehicle that can blend into traffic.

Also, you must decide if you want the overall finish to be easily reversible or not, as they determines the methods and types of mods you can/want to do.

I think a Bond-esque UAV might be pretty cool!
-- Plus the stock silver would be PERFECT!
Imagine opening doors all over the exterior and "warning lights," switches, and triggers on the interior (with "shots fired" sound effects)! That could be COOL!

· Registered
613 Posts
doku said:
Black diamond plate floorboards, Real night vision (from a BMW 5 series), Flight controller style shifter.
that sounds cool!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.