Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't seen anything on this elsewhere, so I took the initiative and printed some business card sized notes (PDF format) to stick on other 2 gen xB's that I come across. Used to do this with another club. The basic message is...

www.newscionxB.com

An active independent organization devoted
to this unique form of transportation

Helpful Tips * Technical Advice * Care & Maintenance
Accessories * Modifications * Regional Chapters

Best of all, it’s free!

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
thats a great idea!! I hope someone joins and says they found a card on thier windshield at the grocery store! We'll know it was you!

·
Registered
635 Posts
Kudos to you Geezer, that is awesome. We do that for the UtahScions. When someone sees you tagging their car they usually want to know whats going on, they are OK after you explain what you are doing and what you are putting on their car. Can you tell someone has caught me doing that a couple of times.... :lol:

This is a fabulous idea Geezer, can we use your slogan that you have posted to put on cards?

G

·
0 Posts
thats cool man,...but if I saw someone messing with my car Id probably break there arm.

·
Registered
635 Posts
gldnchld360 said:
thats cool man,...but if I saw someone messing with my car Id probably break there arm.
Yeah I don't really mess with it, I just slip the card on the drivers side door in between the window and the rubber lining. Ok maybe that is messing with the car, but there is no damage done.

G

·
0 Posts
thats ok with me but sticking something on my car not cool but thats just me. My car is my baby so having someone tag my baby is like asking for a butt kicking.

·
Registered
635 Posts
gldnchld360 said:
thats ok with me but sticking something on my car not cool but thats just me. My car is my baby so having someone tag my baby is like asking for a butt kicking.
Yeah I almost got one of those once. I am glad he was cool about it and actually interested in the site.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Great idea guys!!

i never thought of that and had not seen Eric's cards :)

here is my modification for the card i am going to put out:

****************************************************************************************

http://newscionxb.com/index.php?referredby=126

Join our growing online community of Scion xB
owners and enthusiasts at NewScionxb.com! An
active independent organization devoted to this unique form
of transportation.

Helpful Tips * Technical Advice * Care & Maintenance * Accessories *
Modifications * Regional Chapters

Best of all, it’s free!

******************************************************************************************

i am going to print the cards and start spreading the word :rockon:

·
Registered
635 Posts
Thats a great idea yanges to add the URL with the referral on it. I am going to print some cards out this weekend and get them circulated as well. I am thrilled to be an Scion xB owner and a member of this site.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Great response! I like the original card design, but need to get some white card stock. In the meantime, I'll probably use the yanges version on the "goldenrod" card stock I've been trying to use up since 1996. Glad to see new life in an old idea.

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
I got my NewScionxB.com decals displayed front and back. A bit on the small side, but not invisible. When I was at my parent's house last week, the neighbor's daughter pulled up in a black xB, so I went over and spoke to her for a bit. I mentioned the site to her. Be nice to see a black xB on here, 'caues there are not very many. She had the black Toyota wheels on it, too. I don't have tags, but if I get a chance to speak to another xB owner, I certainly mention the site.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
i was over doing my weekly spray-down of my xB at the coin-op car wash and saw a dude w/ an immaculate BSP xB - looked really sharp!

i gave him one of my invitation cards and the first thing he asked was if i knew where to get mud flaps as he had been looking for some. i told him to check out NSxB for xB info and such and he seemed pretty interested...

i also dropped a card on an xB the other night so hopefully they will stop by sometime :yes:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts