Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello my fellow xb fam!

I think this topic need to be discussed..
since the economy is bad in the US , people losing jobs,gas prices going up
..equals more and more crime..

you and I know if someone wants to steal something really bad, they will go all out and get it no matter what .. lets start discussing clever ways or recommendations to help protect our vehicles in these times..can't be too careful..right?

well..besides good alarms, kill switch, onstar ,wheel locks,24 hour guard dogs, video cameras and sleeping inside your xb with a piece under the pillow lol ..
..
what's your thoughts?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
317 Posts
i avoid parking in sketchy areas, even if it means walking a farther distance...a little exercise never killed anyone, right?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
635 Posts
The parking lots for my apartments have been pretty safe. I am not saying something couldn't happen cause like you said cubanix, if someone wants it they will take it. I think it does help that the building next to our apartments is the main police station. I did have the alarm put in and I got the wheel locks and I am always getting up and looking if I here any noises in the back. We also have security that patrols hourly, so so far so good. But I am not letting my guard down thats for sure. This was a good topic to start.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,202 Posts
Did you see the news the other night? There was a story about these guys that were pulling into a gas stating in a truck with a horse trailer behind it. They would park over the gas lids, the ones that tankers use to pump the gas into. They were parking overtop and sucking the gas out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,707 Posts
eviljack said:
Did you see the news the other night? There was a story about these guys that were pulling into a gas stating in a truck with a horse trailer behind it. They would park over the gas lids, the ones that tankers use to pump the gas into. They were parking overtop and sucking the gas out.
dang, now who thinks up things like that?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the reply, lets keep this going.. about the gas theives.. yeah
exactly what im talking about.. people would think the unthinkable in these conditions... we are in hard times

gas cap locks? hmmmm
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
281 Posts
Ryeguy said:
I've installed a TRD cloaking mechanism. When the car is turned off and doors locked for 5 minutes, it becomes invisible.
That's tough to beat!!!! Although I just bought a used transporter and as soon as I can figure out how to link it to my wife's baking timer I'll just transport my XB to an unoccupied planet with the timer set to when I need it to return.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
281 Posts
On a serious note; I had the security system put on my XB and I'm fortunate enough to be able to keep it in the garage. Like anything else, it's about playing the percentages.....try not to park where it can be easily accessed without the public being around. In a parking lot, I would think gas thieves will walk by a car with a 14 gallon max in favor of big SUV's which they can more easily hide behind. Don't leave a GPS on the dashboard, computer bag on the seat, etc..... and most importantly....have good insurance!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,202 Posts
TulsaToaster said:
Ryeguy said:
I've installed a TRD cloaking mechanism. When the car is turned off and doors locked for 5 minutes, it becomes invisible.
That's tough to beat!!!! Although I just bought a used transporter and as soon as I can figure out how to link it to my wife's baking timer I'll just transport my XB to an unoccupied planet with the timer set to when I need it to return.
Man I read that and first thing I though was, one day you will transport it back and it will have been smashed by a meteor hehe.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
635 Posts
Good points to bring up Tulsa. That is one of the reasons I added the cargo cover. I Can keep things back there instead of the seats. Before I got the xB I was putting stuff in the trunk. But again cubaniz said it in the first post and it goes right along with an old saying I used to hear, "Locks are only meant to keep honest people honest"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
t's not all fun and games when your ride gets stolen or vandalized. right? even a little scratch gets us upset lol

I've been there.. and it's not a good feeling. I'm sure some of you experienced it and maybe some haven't.

I know we love to brag on our rides, our new lip kip,rims,turbo charge and all that ...yeah it's fun,cool and hunky dory but I think Lot of people over look on these types of topic with guards down. I'm just here to make awareness ..

isn't why we have these forums for?

thanks for the reply guys.. i do appreciated
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
635 Posts
You are right cubanix. We have all experienced those things and they are not fun. And sometimes this isnt a topic people want to think about or discuss. But like you said it is something we should discuss and help each other with info and awareness. I agree that these things along with all the fun and games are exactly what these forums are for.

Kudos to you cubanix...... :clapping:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
callmemrbill said:
You are right cubanix. We have all experienced those things and they are not fun. And sometimes this isnt a topic people want to think about or discuss. But like you said it is something we should discuss and help each other with info and awareness. I agree that these things along with all the fun and games are exactly what these forums are for.

Kudos to you cubanix...... :clapping:
anytime :)
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top