Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wanting to put puddle lights in the bottom of my mirrors and have a few LED pods to use and I know where to tie them in under the dash. I've seen a few posts about people doing it but haven't seen anyone show how they ran the wires from outside the door to inside. Anybody got any info or pics on it?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I will be doing this at some point here soon as well but my investigation told me to drill a hole on the underside of the mirror and run the wiring along with the turn signal wires and in to the internal door. Just follow the wiring harness from there thru the door jam...

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I will be doing this at some point here soon as well but my investigation told me to drill a hole on the underside of the mirror and run the wiring along with the turn signal wires and in to the internal door. Just follow the wiring harness from there thru the door jam...
Hmm I'm pretty sure I did not drill a hole when I did this.

IIRC I unbolted my mirrors from the doors then did some minor disassembly to run the wire thru an existing hole in the mirror base. Then like NCXB said I followed the turn signal wires down inside the door and then threaded the wires thru the OEM rubber wire conduit in the door hinge and into the main cabin.

(See Light Frenzy on my website. Sorry, I did not take detailed pics during the process... :( )

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, BrickPig I had seen you post about your site in another thread and was looking through it and that was what got me to thinking on adding them. I added them to my truck several years ago but it had a little door that popped out made it a piece of cake.... I ain't going to do it for a week or so I think (to busy right now) but I guess I'll have to pull the mirror and look in there....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.