Scion XB Forum banner

pull to the right on acceleration

10K views 29 replies 16 participants last post by  hikingmike 
Yes its normal. Its the little side effect that pluages front wheels drive vehicals called Torque Steer. It comes from the fact that the front axles are not equal length. So the wheel attached to the shorter axle has more torque on it and pulls harder. Its always more noticable under heavy acceleration. Its even more noticable when you upgrade to tires with more grip. I found this out the hard way.

Geezer said:
Yeah, torque steer is one of the unfortunate sideaffects that plague all high performance vehicles like the xB.
Was that sarcasim?

Doesn't have to be high-performance to suffer from torque steer. However the higher the performance, and tire grip the worse it will pull.

My friends honda civic si wasn't that bad. Till we took off the crap mods the previous owner put on, and replaced them with high qualitly mods. HOLY CRAP the torque steer. I almost wrecked his car cause I wasn't expecting it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.