Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just bought the CX Racing catback exhaust. I'm pretty excited, and yes I know it's going to be loud. I love my Borla but honestly its so so quiet to me. Hopefully I can find some place that will install it for me since it requires removing the cat, however I learned that I think I will be ok with emissions because here in IL they just plug your car into something and see if any error codes appear. My one friend has the mitsubishi evo and has a cat back and said that the people at the emissions place were coughing because of all the fumes coming out haha but his car read fine and they let him pass. Anyway I will get pictures as soon as it's hooked up. It's going to be pretty loud too since it's 3inch piping.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I might, it will just be sitting in my garage.

·
Registered
658 Posts
You will throw a code sooner or later without the cat. Atleast most toyota's do. Look into the O2 Sensor thing that will keep you from throwing codes if you do. Fast Scions sells them. Might just be a primary cat thing but I know on FJ Cruisers, Taco's and 4Runners if you remove the primaries or secondaries they throw a 420 code (emissions) and will continue to throw a code even after a hard reset.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I should buy the CEL eliminator? Is that what the O2 sensor thing is?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll still have the pre cat because I'm keeping the stock headers.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I'll still have the pre cat because I'm keeping the stock headers.
You may be fine. I know on many Toyota suv's and trucks you can't remove the secondaries without throwing a code. Scions may be different since they're geared towards tuners. I would see what happens and if you throw an emissions code that will probably be the reason.

If it were me, I'd install the s-pipe and see how it went. If I got a code, I'd get the CEL kit. If not, save your money.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I got it installed and........wow. This makes my XB sound like a beast. It so LOUD!!! But with a good bass tone to it. It fits very well for me, no clinking or anything. I haven't taken out the silencer yet, maybe somtime soon. Anyway I love this exhaust and have no regrets.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea no codes have been thrown.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No. I'm hoping to take pictures today. If it stops raining.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
And how would you resolve it?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What exactly does the O2 sensor bung do? Are all parts universal?

·
Registered
781 Posts
What exactly does the O2 sensor bung do? Are all parts universal?
The "O2 sensor bung" is just an 18mm port an O2 sensor screws into. The xB2 has two O2 sensors, a wideband at the top of the pre-cat, and a narrowband in the "S"-pipe shortly ahead of the OE "scuba" (resonator/cat). I'm presuming your new pipe included a bung for the rear O2 sensor which is why you haven't seen a CEL since install. Both sensors must be installed, but no CEL Eliminator is required if you keep the OE exhaust manifold.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.