Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there push through center caps for 2008+ Xb factory rims? The center is 60.1 mm, or 2.37 inches.
I've changed my mind about buying rims that are a dime a dozen and want to make my own creation.
Or does anyone make a center cap that fits the factory rim.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Are you talking about a dust cap for the steel rim?

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
Or the alloy add-ons Scion sells?

(Those and the steelies are different-> the open steelies have no flanges for a center cap, so one must be glued in my RTV or the like.)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I looked the dust caps but, was wondering about a push through cap so you wouldn't have to glue it in. They alot of push through caps and thought about this instead for my steel oem rims.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
The issue on the steelies is 2 fold.
1. The front wheels have axles sticking out, so a flush mount "pop-in" won't fit even if you find one of the same diameter. Though, such might work in the rear ones, which are flush.
2. The wheels themselves don't have built-in flanges for centercaps.

If you can find a "pop-in" cap that fits an alloy wheel, it should be fine. Most alloys have faces thicker than the steelies. The steelies are basically thin stamped steel, so don't have much of a "rise" to them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.