Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got the CX Racing 3 inch cat back exhaust system. Obviously it's super loud, not raspy or rice like. It has a sweet deep bass growl but it's just so **** loud. If I install one of those universal Magnaflow cat converters, will it help to quiet it down a bit?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hey i dont have an exhaust on my xb but my last cars exhaust was replaced, and it was really loud because the new system had no resonator. I had a high flow resonator installed and it helped alot.
Not 100% sure that will fix your problem but it may not be the cat thats the issue..

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The exhaust I have is supposed to be loud. There is nothing but straight piping from the pre-cat (attached to our headers) to the muffler.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Fixed that for you.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It has a slight drone on the highway but you have to really be listening to hear it. I'm not sure if either a magnaflow resonator or hi-flow cat would make it better.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The silencer cone it came with honestly makes the exhaust sound horrible. It makes is raspy and as if it was constantly shooting out small farting sounds. I might just have to live with the noise. I'm used to it but sometimes it gets to me.

·
Registered
64 Posts
What u do is up to you to decide,, both a cat & resonator reduce sound, the cat reduces toxins and emissions that allow you to pass inspection, it also reduces flow.
From what I understand a resonator only reduces sound and performance remains the same since it doesn't reduce flow.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.