Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question for you all and I know I will probably get flamed and told to READ! But I need to pull the trigger on these wheels if I want them and has too be quick so here it goes. Will 18X9 with a +40 fit with no issues and what size tires do you all suggest so I dont rub. Im not looking to stance or stretch. I am at stock ride height right now but do plan on doing around a 2 inch drop with RM springs. If I do that will they still fit or do I need to roll the fenders? Also I am looking to go pretty flush with the fender as best I can so if I will need spacers please let me know. Thank for any response ahead of time.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I think 18x9 will look GREAT but I am still a little unsure when it comes to offset. I think if you want an awesome looking "flush" setup with no spacers, get 18x8 fronts, and 18x9 rears. similarly, 18x7.5 fronts, and 18x8.5 rears, this will make em match nicely. What I experienced when I put 4 18x8 wheels on was that the rear wheels needed spacers. I went with 15mm.

Tires, there are two "safe" sizes for 18 inch. 215/40 and 225/40. I chose 225/40 because it's more common, a little cheaper, and probably easier to get a spare if I need one in an emergency. Tires not this size will change your odo and speedo by a little bit more.

good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick response markio. I will look to see if I can get the staggard size instead. I like the idea of both front and back looking the same as far as distance to the fender. I have spacers on my SRT4 and dont have a problem with them but if I can get away from using them I prefer too.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
At the risk of stating the obvious: a staggard wheel width means you cannot rotate tires front to rear. Spacers get around that problem. Plus, spacer thickness can be specified, to obtain exactly the fender/tire look you want.

I think that 18 x 8 will be safer in terms of fender clearance and driveability, especially since you are planning a drop.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.