Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been trying to add both of these for the slight performance upgrade and hopefully some mpg help, the catch, I'm broke and figure buying used is cheaper but is it worth it? I have a '12 box and I'm looking at an intake and exhaust that came off of an '08. injen intake with TRD exhaust the guys said he'd do $375 or both. More than likely going to need a gasket for exhaust and he said everything else is there for intake. Is this worth it? Should I just go new? Will everything even fit? Thanks for the help as always guys!

·
Registered
658 Posts
Everything should fit. The gasket will/should only run you about $5.00 and the only thing that might come up with the CAI is the filter. Might not have been maintained or might have been too tightly clamped. The exhaust is simple and any toddler with a playschool tool set can figure it out. The CAI might be more work but still not too hard. As I recall the fujita is similar to the AEM or TRD and if that's the case you'll need to pull your front bumper and possibly your fender skirt. $375 is an alright deal provided they're in good shape. If your looking for fuel and performance gains you might not be putting your money in the best place. You'll find alloy wheels (even a crappy, cheap set) are going to get you more gains there for a low budget. If you're looking for some easy projects and something to give it some curb appeal then those two items will do that. I have put a good amount of wrench time into my B and I still haven't touched the exhaust. No real point in my opinion. That's just me though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.