Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have a 2012 Xb and I am planning on buying tanabe springs to lower front 1.7 and 2 in the back. I want to get wheel spacers and have my wheels stick out close to an inch. Wheels are 17s possibly putting 18s on. just wanted to know if any has a set up like this, and is there a big difference is drivability with the spacers? Thanks

· Registered
457 Posts
Yes, there is a change in drivability with spacers. You are moving the steering angles out further and adding a chunk of metal to the end of the axles. A lot of what changes depends on how thick the spacers are and the weight of the wheels will factor into this as well. If you going with new wheels just get them in the correct offset and width for the look you want, this way you aren't having to deal with the spacers at all.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply I have some 18s from a previous vehicle already id like to use. 17s I have fit. have you driven on spacers id like to know how different it is and if its a crappy ride or not so bad cause I do like the look

· Registered
845 Posts
I had 15mm spacers in the rear and it was too much. They brought the tire to just past flush with the fender. I am lowered on Trd springs and have 235/40/18 tires. It rubbed horribly on dips and big bumps and chewed the tires. It looked cool, but I didn't really get a chance to feel any difference in handling.

· Registered
457 Posts
I've run 10mm spacers in the rear just to even it out with the front but that still kept everything within the fenders and it rode fine. It all depends on the with and offset of your wheel, what size tire you're running, and how much drop you have. I personally don't like the poke look so I've never run tires outside the fender but with the right stretch and some rolling and pulling of the fenders you can do a lot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.