Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone!

I'm new to this site and have been reading posts but i can't seem or haven't ran across any posts really about security systems w/ remote start.

Some things I'm looking for in a security system:
- slim design in the remote
- mid/long range arm/disarming
- LCD display alert display (if possible)
- remote start capable
- Price Range ($300-$600)

I just got my 09' xB about a week ago and I'm looking for a security system w/ remote start. I know Toyota has their own security system and remote start package available but there is few things that I'm not exactly clear on and perhaps any that has installed the Toyota or Aftermarket security system can shed some light on this for me.

So with the Toyota factory alarm w/ remote start, i was told by another scion xb owner that as soon as you unlock/open the doors the engine shuts off. This is seems kind of stupid to me and i was wondering if there is a mod that Toyota could do that doesn't make this happen. If no mod an alternative suggestion for an aftermarket alarm that will allow me to unlock and open my doors while the engine is still running. I've heard of alarms with remote start that will keep the engine running even if you open the doors but have a kill switch if the brake is pressed, ignition key isn't inserted when the gearbox is moved out of park or something along those lines.

Also, along with the security system i wanted to get an add-in that will allow me to automatically roll down and up all the front 2 windows and if possible all 4 windows. Also when the alarm is armed i want the add-on to be able to roll up all of the windows that are down. This is a feature like the one they have on the Acura TLs i believe that i know of.

So if anyone has any information i would really appreciate it as I'm looking to get this done within the next week or so. Also i ask that if you suggest anything please be sure to let me know the maker and model number please! Thanks a lot in advance!

·
Registered
30 Posts
get the viper alarm that's your best bet

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Everyone!

I'm new to this site and have been reading posts but i can't seem or haven't ran across any posts really about security systems w/ remote start.

Some things I'm looking for in a security system:
  • slim design in the remote
  • mid/long range arm/disarming
  • LCD display alert display (if possible)
  • remote start capable
  • Price Range ($300-$600)

I just got my 09' xB about a week ago and I'm looking for a security system w/ remote start. I know Toyota has their own security system and remote start package available but there is few things that I'm not exactly clear on and perhaps any that has installed the Toyota or Aftermarket security system can shed some light on this for me.

So with the Toyota factory alarm w/ remote start, i was told by another scion xb owner that as soon as you unlock/open the doors the engine shuts off. This is seems kind of stupid to me and i was wondering if there is a mod that Toyota could do that doesn't make this happen. If no mod an alternative suggestion for an aftermarket alarm that will allow me to unlock and open my doors while the engine is still running. I've heard of alarms with remote start that will keep the engine running even if you open the doors but have a kill switch if the brake is pressed, ignition key isn't inserted when the gearbox is moved out of park or something along those lines.

Also, along with the security system i wanted to get an add-in that will allow me to automatically roll down and up all the front 2 windows and if possible all 4 windows. Also when the alarm is armed i want the add-on to be able to roll up all of the windows that are down. This is a feature like the one they have on the Acura TLs i believe that i know of.

So if anyone has any information i would really appreciate it as I'm looking to get this done within the next week or so. Also i ask that if you suggest anything please be sure to let me know the maker and model number please! Thanks a lot in advance!
What alarm did you get for your vehicle ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts