Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So who uses it? I am a true believe in this stuff. I use original rain-x, the washer fluid, and the window cleaner(better then windex). I don't use the window defogger. It makes the windows look greasy and doesn't really work well. I also used the wiper blades. They are ok, but for the money I would rather just buy the cheaper blades. Especially since I like to change blades each winter and summer.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Rain-X is the shiznit! I've always used their products and just found a great new use - the inside of your glass shower doors. So instead of having to squeegee before you get out it just all rolls away!

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
eviljack said:
So who uses it? I am a true believe in this stuff. I use original rain-x, the washer fluid, and the window cleaner(better then windex). I don't use the window defogger. It makes the windows look greasy and doesn't really work well. I also used the wiper blades. They are ok, but for the money I would rather just buy the cheaper blades. Especially since I like to change blades each winter and summer.
does the window cleaner leave a pretty slick surface after cleaning?

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No the cleaner doesn't. In fact it will remove the slick stuff from a rain-x'ed window. However sparying it on a window coverd in dried on bug guts, let it sit for a few minutes, and they wipe right off. So after you use it you gotta re-apply rain-x. I usually don't use it on the front window. Once the front gets dirty during the winter I clean it real good and re-apply rain-x every now and then. Plus I use the wiper fluid, which does add more slick stuff. So usually I don't have to clean the front window the whole summer. I mostly use it for the inside of the windows on the car. Plus its quarenteed to be window tint safe.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have a dissenting opinion on the RainX window washer. I used it with my microfiber towels and it always seemed to leave some residue. I still have not found anything great to wash the windows with.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,312 Posts
One thing about Rain X . . .

Once applied, it needs to continued to be applied.
It bonds and changes the surface of the glass.

I get this from my cousin, who has a PhD in chemistry, esp. in a field related to the chemistry behind Rain X. (Edit, 6/29-> his focus is on chemical polymers, esp. reactions and fusion/fission of those polymers-> which is what Rain X is/does.)
Also, he uses it and loves it.

I have used it in the past, but don't right now. I have been thinking of starting up again, but will shortly being replacing the windshield on my xB (see post on cracked windshield).

·
Registered
635 Posts
I hate to say it but I am not a fan of the Rain-X. I know it works good and have family that swears by it. I just tried it once and it didn't work out that well for me so I haven't been back since. Plus I tried there new wipers recently on my tercel the Rain-X latitudes and found that the cheaper wipers actually worked better for me. They do make a good product just not for me.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I just wax my windshield when I wax the rest of the xB. Seems to work well for me.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I can't deal with RainX. If you don't continually apply it, the windshield develops a hazy appearance that is murder in the sun and equally hard to remove. I won't use it anymore for this reason. When it is freshly applied, it works well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts