Scion XB Forum banner

Rear Emblem removal DONT!!!! Please read

18K views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  alfundo 
#1 ·
Here's a pic of the rear emblem removed:

See the two holes! I just wanted to throw that out to you all so that you know what you're getting yourself into.

See less See more
#8 ·
Idea:

Take the picture from the first post on this thread, ask for it to be made/transfered to a PERMANENT site, and made a sticky.

Title idea:
What is under the rear door trim?

Also, a note on HOW the rear emblems are attached would be a good idea, as that is how I found this thread.

Scion logo: held on by pegs into the door, so there are holes there. If removed, one should fill the holes or recover the area.
xB logo: held on by adhesive tape, so can be removed leaving no holes.

#9 ·
Bump.

(This has been asked on other xB forums. This is a valuable thread.

#11 ·
As a new owner of a 2012 xB I wanted to de-badge my ride right from the get go. I used a combination of hair-dryer heat and a plastic kitchen spatula and an old credit card and a lot of patience to pry the large emblem (badge) off. The 'xB' badge came off pretty easily. That stickum that Scion uses to put the badges on is pretty heavy duty stuff. Can you buy that stuff any where? After removing the Scion badge I wanted to plug the holes. Went to one of the last real hardware stores in my area and found two tiny black plastic plugs that were just the right size. This will keep out old man winter and any other critters who are looking for a home. Will add a pic when I figure out how to do that. But what I really want to know is two things. 1) How do I remove the front badge? and 2) Does anybody have any ideas about what to replace it with. Thanks for being there. xBnobadges

#14 ·
I'm not sure about removing the front badge on the 2011 and 2012, but a lot of people have replaced it with either a toyota emblem, or a rumion emblem. The rumion emblem is quite nice looking imo, but it runs about $25 to get it. Likewise, many people replace the rear emblem with a Toyota badge, and then replace the xB with the Rukus or Rumion badge (the rukus being the harder of the two to find, and runs about 60-75)

#13 ·
I think there are several posts about this, but it is pretty simple.

1) Leave your car in the hot sun or use a hair dryer to heat up the adhesive on the emblem.

2) Use dental floss or fishing line in a sawing motion between the emblem and the car.

3) Use goo gone or something similar to remove the adhesive residue from the car and the emblem.

To reattach go to an auto parts store and purchase 3M double-sided trim tape. Stick it to the emblem and trim it with an exacto knife. Put it back on the car.

***NOTE: The Scion badge has mounting points so it will go back exactly as it was. The xB badge does not.

Before taking the xb emblem off make a template of where it is or maybe use a pencil to mark along 2 sides so you get it put back on correctly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.