Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my next order of carbon fiber vinyl wrap in and that is my next victim.....if I can figure out how to get it off. I haven't really tried yet, but I'm going to do it when I put in my first bit of dynamat (got 3 car part packages in 2 days. Darn) and I figured I would ask for anyone and everyone's input before I go for it. And while I'm at it, the gas door too. Doing the same things to my girls 2006 box.

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
It bolts on from inside the hatch, under the plastic cover. It just unbolts fairly simply.

· Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was hoping so. Was afraid it was gonna be some ridiculously convoluted process. Gonna look nice with my fosgate and kicker stickers on it.

· Registered
328 Posts
I believe it is riveted to the hinge and the hinge is bolted to the car so should be able to unbolt and remove.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

· Registered
307 Posts
be careful with the gas door! LOL. Who ever had mine before must've taken it off for some reason or another and now it doesn't fit well at all. I'm gonna have to go to the dealership to order whatever they use to hold it in place. ugh. Just a word of caution! lol.

· Registered
328 Posts

· Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Then I guess it will stay white. I want to use the rest of this second roll and looking for ideas. More for practice for when I wrap my roof. I tried it k
On one of the silver Ac vent things that I had previously plastidipped and will be going back to the black or maybe purple. The carbon fiber just doesn't look good with te texture of the panels around it. Hmm. Maybe I'll do my laptop cover. Why not? Paid 3.10 plus free shipping for a 12x50" roll of it

· Premium Member
709 Posts
You could do your mirrors

· Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They're already do d

· Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Did my fascia. Busted one of the plastic angled pop rivets which sucks. And the carbon wrap I got was ridiculously cheap compared to the last one. Didnt stretch with heat, just tore. (Can't expect miracles for 3.10). Put my stickers on anyways and will have to de with it until after my vacation. Speaking of which. May end up in the Portland area soon....

Did some dynamat in my hatch door. Bass sounds much better. Did small spots, not the whole door. Haven't driven with it yet, but I will try it on my way to work tonight. Gonna do my girls doors this weekend then maybe my speakers. She got hail damage and they Didnt put ANY muffling in them. Worst sounding doors ever. Got 12.5' for 22 dollars. Would buy more, but again, no spending until August. New set of component speakers and some 18's are looking really good right now :(

· Premium Member
709 Posts
Nice!
I actually broke the far right angled pop rivet taking mine off as well

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.