Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed whenever I go over a speed bump or drive into an uphill driveway to then reverse and turn around, I hear a loud rear creaking noise coming from the rear of the car.

I went to the dealer to have my first service (car is now 6 months old with 7000kms on it). I got my oil changed and mentioned the rear noise.

The dealer took a look at it and told me that my rear heat shield is bent and that they bent it back. No charge. Great I thought.

So when I did my usual reverse and turn around on my street, I still heard the creak (not as loud as before).

This time, I got down on my hands and knees and looked underneath the car from the back.

Hmmmm.. I think there is something that doesn't look right.

Can anyone give me some insight into this?

Car drives fine.... just this creaking noise.....drives me crazy. I don't think the mechanic really did too much to fix it.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I took it into the dealer today.

They said they might remove it if it is possible or perhaps try again and straighten it out.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good news, they are gonna fix it under warranty.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Part # 77606-12160

Part #4 in the picture. I have to go back next week as the part is on order.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Part replaced.... car still creaks.

FML

*sigh*

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Found out the creak was coming from the springs in the back of the seats behind the leather interior. All is good now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.