Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I had the dealer plastic frame, and I painted the whole thing black so the dealer name wasn't as obvious (it still is raised), but I don't like it still because the large piece at the top blocking the license plate - and "Illinois". It just looks dumb. (Someone in said they thought I was from Nebraska since the bottom says "Land of Lincoln" :rolleyes:)

In between using this frame, I had gotten a chrome metal Scion frame as a gift and put it on in the early spring but it rusted like a week after it was on, what a piece of crap. And it bit into my paint slightly with the opening and closing of the hatch I guess.

I heard here that the plain black frame is the way to go and I think I agree (BrickPig maybe?). Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm trolling around on Amazon and it seems like they are hit and miss. I don't want 4 holes since there are only 2. And I don't want it to look fat and ugly. I don't mind plastic at all, but it seems like most are metal. $20+?? I see the Scion ones on CarID are $34-45!!!

Also what are your suggestions for preventing rattle and protecting the paint? I remember seeing someone used the little rubber feet you can get at a hardware store to stock on the back of the frame. I remember the 3M adhesive squares you can use to stick a poster on the wall without it damaging the wall or a poster and maybe that would work also and actually keep it connected to the car.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Get carbon fiber on ebay, got 2 for 35 bucks, and the rattle put some sound deadening foam

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
314 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I heard here that the plain black frame is the way to go and I think I agree (BrickPig maybe?). Does anyone have any suggestions?
I like plastic because it won't corrode or dig into the paint. Mine are plain black plastic with covers that hide the mounting screws. I got mine from either WalMart or O'reilly Auto Parts, I'm pretty sure they were less than $10 each. Sorry I can't remember more details...I got them over two years ago.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts

·
Premium Member
848 Posts
i bought a set of fasteners at the local parts store for the bottom of the plate, they cinch everything tight and included rubber grommets to prevent the frame from coming into contact with the back door.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.