Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2010 xB with bout 40k miles. i just had it inspected and they told me my rear shock were leaking and my tires were wearing funny. i do a lot of highway driving and at times the back is loaded with a ton of gear. also i have a rear rack that i plug into my trailer hitch which i load up with things that won't fit into the back.

my quesiton is - what kind of rear shocks can i get that are gonna be good for heavier loads. also my wife thinks the car is stiff when we hit bumps. what would help smooth out the ride? and what kind of tire should i put on this for heavier highway driving??

thanks!!

·
Registered
284 Posts
the original lasted 40k so that's not a bad thing if u use it to haul. Check a tire shop , they can recommend you what's best. keep in mind that the engine and tranny on xb are not made for heavy daily hauling.

·
Registered
152 Posts
. keep in mind that the engine and tranny on xb are not made for heavy daily hauling.
Ditto on the weight warning. Sounds like you may have over loaded the springs a time or two.... could just be shock, but from the tires wearing funny.... Might have a bent axle or two..... I'd recommend a thorough checkout at the dealership (or another reputable place of business that does such things.... but I recommend toyota because they know WHAT to look for).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.