Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking to add both a rear sway bar and front strut tower. As far as i know, TRD and Hotchkis are the only companied offering a rear sway and TRD and Tanabe are the only offering a front strut tower. I am going to purchase these soon- yippee for Christmas cash- and want to make sure I am not missing out on any choices. Can anyone offer any others?

· Registered
20 Posts
i got rear sway bar front strut bar from a scion dealer in upstate new york .just goggle "kent brown toyota" call and ask for jim kellog he is the parts supervisor. he does sell on ebay but you can deal with him direct. hands down the cheapest prices he beat my friends prices and he works at a toyota dealer.as you can see from my profile a have alot of scion stuff sway bar and strut bar do make the car handle much better

· Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought my fogs from him off eBay. He was great to deal with. I checked eBay, but he does not have anything for sale. I will contact him directly. Thanks for the recommendation.

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
I can't compare the 2, as I only have the TRD (won at a show) and haven't seen the Tanabe in person. That said, they should be close. A strut bar is more about bracing than torque movement (like springs and struts, if "torque" is the appropriate term-> I'm not an engineer, though I understand some of it).

I will say that I was rather skeptical that the strut brace would actually DO anything, but was rather pleasantly surprised once I got it. My favorite mountain road tight corner went from 35-ish to 40 MPH in the xB, even closer to the Miata). The front steering tightened up (less yellow flashing light) more than I expected.

· Registered
318 Posts
TartanJack said:
I can't compare the 2, as I only have the TRD (won at a show) and haven't seen the Tanabe in person. That said, they should be close. A strut bar is more about bracing than torque movement (like springs and struts, if "torque" is the appropriate term-> I'm not an engineer, though I understand some of it).

I will say that I was rather skeptical that the strut brace would actually DO anything, but was rather pleasantly surprised once I got it. My favorite mountain road tight corner went from 35-ish to 40 MPH in the xB, even closer to the Miata). The front steering tightened up (less yellow flashing light) more than I expected.
the strut tower bar distributes the load on cornering from all on one shock tower to both. the result should be a higher cornering ability.

· Registered
318 Posts
i apologize for the double post, but i messed up editing my other one. the strut bar increases cornering ability by reducing the load on each strut tower, and stiffening the front end

· Premium Member
811 Posts
The list of add-ons that come with the RS 7.0 includes the TRD lowering springs, sport-tuned ind MacPherson strut front and torsion beam rear suspension. The Tanabe NF210's on my '09 made a huge difference in the handling, so I'm really looking forward to driving the new one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.