Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
do i have to be sent one or can i just go to the dealership in my city and tell them to fix it?

·
Registered
979 Posts
Does it say they are replacing the switch? The news reports I've read say they are just going to take the switch apart and lube it.

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
mines 2008 as well but I just bought it

·
Registered
24 Posts
I was told by the Scion service mgr that the switch will be lubed and time involved was 1 hr. I thought not all 2008 models were involved but your VIN# will answer that question. It surprises me that 1 hr labor is cheaper than replacing the switch although I have seen some master switches that weren't cheap!

Rod

·
Registered
64 Posts
I took mine in and they lubed it,, i was in and out in about an hour. If you bought yours used i would call and check because you may not get a letter..

Of subject while i was there i checked out the FR-S, sweet ride but if i had the extra 27k im not sure thats the car i would get,, needs more POWeR!! Throw in the WRX's turbo in it :):)

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
for the fr-s, didn't subaru and toyota come together to build the engine? and I was under assumption that the subaru brz shared the engine and there is plenty enough power for the weight.

did you take the fr-s out? im wondering how it drives

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
for the fr-s, didn't subaru and toyota come together to build the engine?
Yes they did, Toyota provided some components, like fuel injection.
2013 Scion FR-S First Drive – Review – Car and Driver

and I was under assumption that the subaru brz shared the engine and there is plenty enough power for the weight.
200 hp @ 7000 rpm, about 2700 lbs, 0-60 in less than 7 seconds. But the real story of this car is chassis balance.
2013 Scion FR-S [w/video] First Drive

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
thanks did the info, I've never personally drove one just heard people talking about them both

·
Registered
64 Posts
I drove it but not long, it was the demo and they don't want to put miles on it.. There is a 3 month wait for it and you have to put a deposit to order one..
It drives great, perfect balance and plenty of power but if its a Subie engine one can only assume a turbo model will follow,, wich would push price over 30k I would guess..
Great car but for that price here are some cars I found in autotrader all under 30k miles and under $27k
370z/g35, 330hp
BMW m roadster, 333hp
Hyundai gen track pack 306hp
S2000, 240hp
BMW 335/135, 300hp
Audi tt, Porsche boxter, 250hp
And the obvious rear wheel drive muscle cars,,
Camaro SS, 420hp
Srt8 challenger, 420hp ( used to own an r/t, fun to drive!!
5.0 mustang 412hp,, found one with 6k miles!!
I even found an evo, and sti but different cArs n layout..

I'm just saying if it was my $27k I would have to really think hard!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.