Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a good place to get vinyl wrap. I want a small piece that matches my rs 6.0 Absolutely Red as close as possible anyway. I remember seeing an xB a few months ago where the owner had wrapped the dampers on the hatch to match his Super White. I think that would be a nice simple and cheap mod to do. I looked at Advanced Auto the other day and they only had black. I've seen some on eBay, but the shipping is more than the vinyl. Also it is hard to tell the exact color (most don't have actual photos).

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Are you looking into cloth vinyl or stick-on vinyl?
For sticker/decal vinyl, visit your local sign shop. Most will sell you the vinyl by the yard. For the fabric vinyl, head to a good fabric store and ask about Marine-grade vinyl. That is the good stuff, not the felted back crap stuff.
Both come in a red that will match (or close enough that you'd have to hold them side-by-side to notice the difference). I have RS 6 door latches and that rear door "garnish" (the part above the tag) on my silver, so I know the color precisely.

· Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking stick-on vinyl. I can't picture fabric vinyl other than the cheesey felt-backed tableclothes! :D I don't know how I would get that to stick anyway. I guess 3M spray adhesive. That may be a pain to take off though if I need to change it.

Thanks for the help!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.