Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Yeah the mud guards arent gonna work and aren't worth the effort to mod. The only CAI that won't work is the TRD one. All others will work just fine. I run the K&N typhoon short ram.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Brewski said:
[f the TRD CAI "won't work" because the driver's side inlet vent (in the bumper) will not take the TRD inlet vent then it doesn't make sense to install any CAI that draws its air from the same area as the TRD CAI...so a short ram would make sense. (I haven't looked at the "mock vent" on the Release Series...but are you sure that it is not the same as a non-Release Series?)

Brewski
There is a difference. The TRD has a filter box that mounts and attaches to the vent in the bumper. So its only airflow is from that vent that is covered by the RS lip kit. However a standard CAI thats not ram air sits down in there but can draw the air from inside the bumper area that gets some decent flow and is nice and cold. The K&N that I have is a short ram with a heat shield. It works awsome.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.