Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
MountScion85xb said:
Does any one know if the remote start is a plug in from the factory or does all wiring have to be dune
I don't have the short answer but if you go to Sparks Toyota for the pdf instructions. www.trdsparks.com/install/PT398-52080inst.pdf

That should answer your questions about the installation.

Brewski

·
Registered
44 Posts
It is a very nice system, but it is VERY involved.
I went with AUDIOVOX PRESTIGE. Works great and only 70 bucks new on ebay.
PLUS.....this remote works three times further than the stock remote which is what the factory remote start uses

·
Registered
20 Posts
factory remote starter is no good when you have the car remote started and hit the unlock button the car shuts off.so you have to get in the car and restart it this is useless . i have been a installer for 15 years this his to be the retarded remote starter ever! i personally use ownly viper products they are the best hands down . there is no chip in the key on the xb so you don't need a bypass module. the xb is very easy to do.

·
Registered
20 Posts
if anybody lives in the new jersey shore area i install them and will beat the prices of the just about anyone please email me at [email protected] or at 732-644-9235 thanks !!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
so let me get this straight you dont need a bypass for the xb? because i went to best buy and they told me i would have to buy one for like 70 bucks the system i was going to get was the newest viper 504 something like that.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I WILL SAY IT AGAIN THERE IS "NO" CHIP IN THE KEY FOR THE XB .BEST BUY INSTALLERS ARE JUST TRYING TO PAD THE PRICE TO MAKE MORE MONEY PERIOD.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
shortbus said:
factory remote starter is no good when you have the car remote started and hit the unlock button the car shuts off.so you have to get in the car and restart it this is useless . i have been a installer for 15 years this his to be the retarded remote starter ever! i personally use ownly viper products they are the best hands down . there is no chip in the key on the xb so you don't need a bypass module. the xb is very easy to do.

By getting a viper system does it void the warranty from Toyota?

·
Registered
124 Posts
bump
i would really like to know this also.

·
Registered
21 Posts
nope. there is a law - Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act - the makes it so that it does not void the warranty. Toyota can definitely refuse to fix a problem directly related to the remote start (eg the remote is broken or whatever) but that should be covered by the shop you had it installed at.

·
Registered
93 Posts
shortbus said:
I WILL SAY IT AGAIN THERE IS "NO" CHIP IN THE KEY FOR THE XB .BEST BUY INSTALLERS ARE JUST TRYING TO PAD THE PRICE TO MAKE MORE MONEY PERIOD.
I can confirm there is no factory immobilizer in the xB. I recently installed the Viper 5901. i would recommend installing a DEI (preferably viper) alarm systems or Autopage. I am an installer and other than those brands I dont really like much else.

And on another note. I work at a best buy as an installer, most likely the installer had not done a remote start in the xb (I never had until my own). The sites we use to research what parts are needed along with wiring is provided by directed and it lists the pkall and 556u bypass modules. Also in the pkall install instructions it lists the 08+ xB. We dont pad the price with product to make more money. I cant speak for every installer but we are not supposed to do that. He may also have based that knowing that that xb1 and the tc both require modules for remote start.

We dont bonus or get paid commision for attatching unnecessary parts. I take it personal when someone talks trash about best buy installers just because of where we work. A lot of best buy shops are more reputable than mom n pop shops.

In the future please check your facts before you trash an entire companies 900+ installation shops based ff 1 installers price quote.

·
Registered
124 Posts
yea thanks the best buy installer i talked to had a 2005 scion tc and yea i would love the viper system but i found a system by dei the avital 5303 i have only heard good things

·
Registered
83 Posts
I am very interested in the remote starter & would like to hear more on this. If you have a remote starter please post what model, brand and the pro's & cons. This would be very helpful to me in my pre-buying research.
Thanks to all that have added to this thread.
J-Dawg

·
Registered
474 Posts
J-Dawg said:
I am very interested in the remote starter & would like to hear more on this. If you have a remote starter please post what model, brand and the pro's & cons. This would be very helpful to me in my pre-buying research.
Thanks to all that have added to this thread.
J-Dawg
With the 5-speed tranny you may find it hard to find a remote start....don't really know, but most that I have seen are for automatic transmissions only.

Brewski

·
Registered
93 Posts
Most of the new DEI/Viper remote start systems have a manual mode, depending on your vehicle you may have to bypass the clutch. Theres a specific process on shutting down and arming your car that way it can remote start the alarm worry free.

I have the viper 5901 system, I love it. 2 way paging, remote start. Excellent range on it. Retail is about $500. Lucky for me I didnt get it for retail haha

·
Registered
49 Posts
Got my Clifford 50.7x installed. Here's a little demo of how it works! As far as the automated windows go, I got 2 DEI 530T window modules to control the front and rear windows.

Now I'm debating if I want to get the VSM100 (Viper Smart Start) so I can just use my iPhone :naughty:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.