Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I just picked my 09 scion up today. Its my first day with it and I love the thing, but I had toyota put in a keyless entry and remote start for me cause the car didnt have it and I figured, while Im here why not? Well its just 1 button and it works great to start the car and unlock it, but I cant figure out how to lock the thing with it to save my life. I was able to do it once, but cant replicate that. any advise?

If nothing pans out, back to the dealer for me!

will post pics of the new ride soon, tail lights and should be in Friday!

·
Premium Member
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought the car used, and the car only had 1 key, it was just a standard key, no remote or anything. So I had them install a keyless entry and remote start, which is now just 1 button and a huge hassle.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Your 09 came standard with keyless entry, you just needed to buy a new remote key from the dealer and have them program it. The factory remote key has three buttons on it... (Unlock, Lock, & Panic) And the factory remote start is supposed to work with the factory key.

·
Premium Member
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well, I just found out this was a repo, so Im assuming the douche who couldnt make the payments kept the real key, so now I need to make them make me a new key. got another thing to do this week! hopefully this will be fixed by next week and I can move to worrying about my mods!

·
Registered
160 Posts
I really can't believe that the dealership did not know that the car already had keyless entry. Its 100% standard on your xB. As mentioned before you need just to purchase the OEM key with the transmitter and have the dealership program it to your xB. Then you can get the OEM Remote starter and it will work with that same key. I have one key for my xB and I have Keyless Entry, Alarm, and Remote Start all from Toyota. Very nice...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.