Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today after we finished putting the springs on, I decided it was a good time to start taking the vinyl off the a pillars and around the door frame around windows, it looks alot better.

before with the black vinyl and no drop

after with vinyl removed and drop on

·
Registered
86 Posts
:yes:Looks great!:yes:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, i started taking dash pieces and door trim out today to paint with the hot lava, and putting stinger roadkill in as i get pieces apart. the vinyl made a huge difference

·
Registered
781 Posts
today after we finished putting the springs on, I decided it was a good time to start taking the vinyl off the a pillars and around the door frame around windows, it looks alot better.
Definitely agree with the A-pillar tape removal for your color RS, but the window and B-pillar tape removal is clearly a question of personal preference. Whatever pleases you dude :)!

·
Premium Member
2011 Scion xB Release Series 8.0 SoundWave
746 Posts
I am thinking about it now. Saw one of the guys at 5 Axis designs today at lunch. Talked for a minute.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Looks GREAT! :cool:
I see you removed the vinyl on the a pillars and around the doors . (B & C) There is a pice of vinyl between the front & rear doors (b pillar) did you remove that too?

Ordered rear spoiler, TRD sway, fog light kit. And picked up some touch up paint and the clips to hold the floor mats.
Oh, anyone buy a OEM "Scion security system"? Was it worth it?

Thanks,
AZ

·
Registered
658 Posts

Thanks,
AZ
I would suggest there are many after market security systems far better for far less. I get Toyota parts for less than dealer cost and I still would get something other than OEM security for mine and probably still save money.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Looks GREAT! :cool:
I see you removed the vinyl on the a pillars and around the doors . (B & C) There is a pice of vinyl between the front & rear doors (b pillar) did you remove that too?

Ordered rear spoiler, TRD sway, fog light kit. And picked up some touch up paint and the clips to hold the floor mats.

Thanks,
AZ
I installed their security system and am pleased with it -- nice integration into the car. It's possible to add sensors to it, but takes a little ingenuity :)!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Just got done pulling off all the vinyl. The hardest part was pulling the rear quarter windows lose. So I could get it all off. There a phillips screw under the top rubber and a 10mm bolt at the bottom behind the door panel. I also removed the front mirrors too. Just pull the cover and there are 3 10mm nuts that hold on the mirrors.

Cleaned up the OEM air box too. Just need to find someway of making the 2012 front scoop/s function. (bring in fresh air)

The OEM header & primary cat looks better than most. Plus keeping it keeps the warranty in tact. I going to check on having exhaust system cleaned up. Replacing the exhaust from about 6" just back of the OEM header to the front of OEM rear muffler. Make it all 2.25" and using a 6 x 18" round Magnaflow muffler, part # 12645 in place of the scuba tank. That's what I have read others call it. I like the look of OEM tip and the rear muffler & it's a straight-through perforated core muffler.

Sorry I don't like the look of Honda fart can mufflers, as I'm over the hill and going down fast!

Anyone install a Magnaflow cat-back system? Does it replace the scuba?

Thanks,
AZ

Mods, if hijacking this thread please move as needed.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i pulled the mirrors off first when we got started, since i had the door panels and tweeters off it was that much easier. Then I pulled all the seals loose around the windows, that made getting the little pieces off at the edges alot easier. Got all 4 door panels sanded, primed, painted and cleared and back in the car. Next project is the headliner and all the trim pieces that hold it up and finish my sub box

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.