Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i am thinking about removing the plastic radio bezel part that goes around the head unit and the 2 ac vents, i did abit of googling and was told that you need to push up from the bottom and pull out, i am not having much sucess with this method, i want to make sure i know how to pull it out before i break something, thanks - Jim

·
Registered
104 Posts
Just pull it strait out towards you, it just needs a little force as its a resistance fit.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I've have used a thin wood shim. I wrapped the end in electrical tape to make sure it wouldn't scratch anything. I pinched the bezel a little to make a tiny gap. Slid the shim in and pried it up. Once the bezel is a little loose, it pops right off. A wide blade screwdriver or 1 inch (2.5 cm) putty knife work well too. Be especially sure to wrap metal in tape to prevent scratches.

You can check out this pdf of a nav system install from TRDSparks for a diagram showing where the clips are.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I found it easy to press down on the top part and pull slowly towards you. Once I got it going I slowly wedged it out with my panel popper

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
I stick my middle and ring fingers in the vent on the left side and pull that side out first, then the right side just comes out with it

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Get some pics up...I plan on dippin a lot of my panels esp th areas most prone to damage
heres the plasti-dipped bezel, also a front pic of the car at the moment, should go well with the orange pearl gear knob i ordered.. also been experimenting with vinyl / tint film so i did the front lights and the fogs..weirdly enough the light shines quite easily through them, might be because i got hids in the fogs and the low beams..

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Looks good man

·
Registered
979 Posts
where did you get those ac knobs
Automatic climate control is standard on the Australian Ruckus. I'm envious as well. I think there is a whole discussion somewhere about the possibility of putting them in a US xB. If I remember correctly it was impracticle.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Automatic climate control is standard on the Australian Ruckus. I'm envious as well. I think there is a whole discussion somewhere about the possibility of putting them in a US xB. If I remember correctly it was impracticle.
Oops, impractical not impracticle.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.