Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, recently I have been having a rash of problems with my xB stalling and just fighting for power. I have taken it to the dealership and unfortunately it's so intermittent that they couldn't help me. I have read to clean the MAF sensor and I did that about 2 weeks ago and it's still acting up. People have suggested removing the throttle body and cleaning it out and making sure the IAC may be dirty or sticking. I garaged my car all winter and didn't start it for 3 almost 4 months. I am wondering how difficult it is to get back behind the motor and just remove it or open the connection and spray TB cleaner into the sensor. Any info would be great. Thank you!
Scott

· Registered
43 Posts
Do you have an aftermarket intake installed???

· Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is it throwing any codes? Auto will check for free.

maybe a mass air flow sensor?
No codes, only 1 time on the turn pike. I had to checked and it was MAF related. Cleaned MAF and all better. That was in October? Now it started to do it again so I cleaned the sensor and it was still acting up. Been driving it more recently and it's not really acting up (knock on wood)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.