Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
For the ramps . . .

My Miata has been somewhat lowered and won't clear the metal ramps. However, it is fine on the "Rhino Ramps" type.
I haven't tried the xB (no reason to yet), but if the issue is with metal ramps, a Rhino one has a more gradual taper and a larger "back stop" (making it harder to drive off the other end). That might resolve the clearance issues.

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Those ramps are a nylon/plastic and quite sturdy. I was also leery about them at first, but love them now. They have a high weight rating (several times heavier than the full weight of the Miata).

I'll be sure to look back at this thread when I change my own oil for the first time at 15,000 miles (or so). At my present rate, that will be in the fall.

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Geezer said:
Maybe we need a thread on good/bad service experiences that names names.
Good idea!
I just made one for each . . .
That way, we can keep track of good and bad ones.

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Brewski said:
No Limitz Ind said:
I trimmed that panel so I can get to my filter easy. I change my oil every 3000 miles, which is about a month and a half. So I am under there alot. I had to make ramps to drive the car onto so I can get the jach under it. I need to change the oil this weekend. So I will try to take a pic of the ramps that I made. All I do is jack it up and put stands under the a arms. I am not small so I need all the room I can to get under there. LOL..
Hmmmm, "...trimmed that panel so I can get to my filter easy"....per the Service Manager at the Toyota/Scion dealership that services my xB...."The panel is designed to protect the oil filter from being ruptured by road debris"....So perhaps trimming the panel could, in the long run, present a problem...damage resulting from a sudden loss of oil from a ruptured filter might present a problem with warranty.

Brewski
That CAN happen too, esp. if the filter is on the bottom of the engine. My mother's Mercury Villager had something hit the oil filter, punctured it, oil drained out, and the engine seized. She ended up with a Mazda MPV . . .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.