Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
294 Posts
I am sooo pissed took my xB in for 10,000 mile service they left the panels off . Its my car what gives the damn dealer the right to negate parts off of my car.... bastards :sneaky:

· Registered
294 Posts
Freeman in Richland hills, Its not a big deal but it is too me..................... :mad:
I will take the car back in Monday and they will put the panels back on :confused:

· Registered
294 Posts
*UPDATE* the plastic pan was on the car I was looking at the wrong thing as well as the car not being off the ground enough to look at it. For me too see it I have to lay down flat on the ground. I feel kinda bad but not really.

· Registered
294 Posts
Brewski said:
No Limitz Ind said:
I trimmed that panel so I can get to my filter easy. I change my oil every 3000 miles, which is about a month and a half. So I am under there alot. I had to make ramps to drive the car onto so I can get the jach under it. I need to change the oil this weekend. So I will try to take a pic of the ramps that I made. All I do is jack it up and put stands under the a arms. I am not small so I need all the room I can to get under there. LOL..
Hmmmm, "...trimmed that panel so I can get to my filter easy"....per the Service Manager at the Toyota/Scion dealership that services my xB...."The panel is designed to protect the oil filter from being ruptured by road debris"....So perhaps trimming the panel could, in the long run, present a problem...damage resulting from a sudden loss of oil from a ruptured filter might present a problem with warranty.

Brewski
Shoot my car sits sooo low. I trimmed the part that was hinged.I have a dented oil pan I have to make a skid plate someday.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.