Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
64 Posts
Yep, having the right technique for those button clips should make them last for a while.

As far as the lower splash shield, you can just remove the three button clips securing the shield below the oil filter. Then you can swing the shield down at the crease.

I, however, don't like that idea. Did you ever have a crappy tool case that didn't have a conventional hinge, it's just pressed plastic with a crease as a hinge. What happened when you opened and closed it too many times? It breaks at the hinge, right? Same principle applies here, and this splash shield is very flimsy.

I just remove the six bolts and six or seven (I forget) button clips and then remove the whole splash shield.

Gives it a nice, open, airy feel while I change my oil :p

· Registered
64 Posts
Brewski said:
Geezer said:
Maybe we need a thread on good/bad service experiences that names names.
I posted on the new thread...but, I wanted to post here just to say (again) "someone stole my underpants....wait, no that is underpanel"....
Now after reviewing the subject (Removing underpanels for oil change) I have come to the conclusion that it may be common practice for Scion Service Technicians to cut the "hinge" to expose the filter....which is IMO BULL Crap! Now if I were doing my own oil/filter changes I might consider cutting it loose...but for the dealer service department to make that call is flat wrong!

Brewski

No place is safe anymore, is it? We used to think those quickie lubes were dangerous places. But our cars aren't even safe at the dealerships.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.