Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where to find a replacement for the driver's side roof trim (rubber) piece that runs front to back? Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Roof trim piece that runs front toback

Does anyone know where to find a replacement for the driver's side roof trim (rubber) piece that runs front to back? Thanks.
At some point, several years ago, I noticed that the driver side roof trim, perhaps one half inch thick vinyl or rubber strip that was about 1 inch wide was missing . It appeared to serve no function but I called Toyota to ask the cost to replace it. I forget what the quoted cost was but it was way too expensive for an unessential item. However, I had bought some black rubber strip after I purchased the car, that can be placed along the side of the car that give some protection from other car doors in a parking lot scratching the car by careless opening in close parking lot situations which I had had a garage apply, and there was enough left to fill the missing strip space running along one top side of the Scion Xb roof, front to back where the original was missing. I had bought it perhaps 8 or so years ago and do not recall the cost but it was reasonable & from an auto supply store and one side is glued covered with removable paper and the glue is very durable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At some point, several years ago, I noticed that the driver side roof trim, perhaps one half inch thick vinyl or rubber strip that was about 1 inch wide was missing . It appeared to serve no function but I called Toyota to ask the cost to replace it. I forget what the quoted cost was but it was way too expensive for an unessential item. However, I had bought some black rubber strip after I purchased the car, that can be placed along the side of the car that give some protection from other car doors in a parking lot scratching the car by careless opening in close parking lot situations which I had had a garage apply, and there was enough left to fill the missing strip space running along one top side of the Scion Xb roof, front to back where the original was missing. I had bought it perhaps 8 or so years ago and do not recall the cost but it was reasonable & from an auto supply store and one side is glued covered with removable paper and the glue is very durable.
Thanks for the response Brendan.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts