Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back on 1/10, I sent an email to Haynes ([email protected]) inquiring about any plans for a Scion Repair manual. Their reply is below, and my email below that. If you decide to email them, be sure to include your name and email address within the body of your email -- they specifically request that.

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Unfortunately, we do not have a Haynes Manual to cover the vehicle you referenced currently and there is no projected publishing date at this time. Because of the vehicle's rising popularity, it is highly likely that we will publish a manual in the future. Please check back with us from time to time to check and see if we have added coverage for the vehicle.

Best regards,

Haynes Technical Services

Sent: Mon 1/11/2010 2:15 PM
To: Research
Subject: Hayne's Repair Manuals

Hello,

I and a number of other Toyota Scion owners are very much looking forward to you releasing repair manuals for our respective vehicles. That includes both 1st and 2nd generation xB, as well as the xA, tC, and xD (the xA was replaced by the xD for the 2008 model year). My specific vehicle is a 2008 xB (first model year of the second gen) -- sure would love to hear when you think a repair manual might be coming down the pike ! If you don't plan on preparing Scion repair manuals, that would be worthwhile knowing as well.

My name is ............. and my email address is .............

Thanks much and looking forward to any information you can provide.

Best wishes and Happy New Year -- Trevor
=========

Also, it appears to me the 2AZ-FE and underhood layout in the 2002 through 2006 Camry is pretty much the same as in the xB2 (though mount points may differ, and the airbox has a different shape). I expect the Hayne's Camry Repair manual for those years would be fine for xB2 engine work. I'm not so sure about the MT5 and AT4 transaxles though. If anybody has any info on that, I'd like to hear it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.