Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anybody has tried this and what is involved in installing a second (or more) power outlet. A single outlet in front just will not be enough, especially when the family goes on a long trip and the kids want to watch a movie on the portable DVD player while dad's mp3 player is plugged in an mom wants to plug in her cell phone charger too.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eric said:
A temp fix would be a splitter... under $10 shipped on eBay... I'd like to see a permanent solution posted as well :)
I have one o' those.. From what I've been reading on here and on scionlife.com, seems like the interior is relatively easy to get apart, so I might just try this myself sometime after I finally get the thing. :) I am thinking that the most difficult parts will be making a hole(s) and finding a source for power, which may turn out to be not that hard at all.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Eric said:
so you could tap into that...
Oh yeah, baby, I sure could tap that :D (sorry, Beavis and Butthead moment...)

Does the wire run down the center, or on one of the sides?

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Eric said:
No idea... my guess would be the driver's side since that's where the light is...
Well, now that I have one of my very own to look at, I can actually answer my own question.. On the driver side in the way back there is a courtesy light that appears to be powered all the time (A switch on the light itself turns the bulb on and off). Behind the panel in which it sits is a)power and b) space. The wire comes down from just above the switch, so looks like a relatively easy splice :)

Might actually post a pic if I get around to doing the install :yes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts