Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Has anybody besides me, wanted to add another reverse light on the right side of bumper? I think it would look really cool. if you have done it please please please post pixs. I've been wondering how i can do it.

Im so glad i bought a xb,

Dj Bam

xbam 27

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,312 Posts
Having closely examined my removed damaged original bumper, it isn't a simple matter to cut out one on the left and insert it on the right.
To look right a decent amount of fabrication would be required.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,312 Posts
Me being me would probably want to make some sort of logo out of it. Then, I would make another on the other side to "fake-a-match." But, as I drive a silver, it isn't really all that noticeable in the first place.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I wanted to add a smoke tint to my reverse light but I just noticed today that there is a little 'notch' that sticks out from the reverse light. So I guess if you were to place an overlay on it you would have to make a hole in the tint/overlay for this notch????

·
Registered
286 Posts
The single reverse light is one of the reasons I like this car. So I wouldn't change that.

·
Registered
124 Posts
i tinted my tails with vht and did my reverse light :sick: it didnt turn out to great i would advise no one do it so now i have got to look for a replacement one if any one has or know where to get one {cheap} let me kno plz lol :)

·
Registered
82 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
ganderson, will you post pictures? i seriously considered using VHT.

·
Registered
124 Posts
before

after

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,312 Posts
Crazy idea . . .

Would the light shine through the mesh vinyl?
-If so, some of that in white would mask the reverse light while still having it functional. -Here I am thinking of white on white.

·
Registered
124 Posts
thanks and no its not it in lol and the funny part is its been that way 2 weeks 2 car shows and ur the only one who noticed lol

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,312 Posts
ganderson08 said:
thanks and no its not it in lol and the funny part is its been that way 2 weeks 2 car shows and ur the only one who noticed lol
He wasn't the only one, just the first to ask. I was expecting another pict w/ something done to that light.

Have you tried something else yet?

·
Registered
124 Posts
lol yea i guess ..
I will put it in or buy a new one. I was going to try and find something that will strip the vht off so i can use the org. light.
i wanted to black out my turns on my mirrors but i will do a overlay most likely in case its to dark

·
Premium Member
2,526 Posts
ganderson08 said:
lol yea i guess ..
I will put it in or buy a new one. I was going to try and find something that will strip the vht off so i can use the org. light.
i wanted to black out my turns on my mirrors but i will do a overlay most likely in case its to dark
yeah I blacked out my turns using smoke spray, and totally botched it, it looks sweet but now the turns on my mirrors are useless haha.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts