Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys as you can tell from my hid post I've got a lot of questions and kinda got a lot going on all at once. Ok so I'm looking at a set of 20s for the scion. They have 35 profile tires on the and the rims are 8.5 I'm very familiar with the mechanical aspect of cars (motors) but electrical and suspension not so much. Anyways the rims I'm looking at have "et 35" which I'm told is the offset of the rim. The people at a local rim shop here are telling me that they will stick out like 4 inches and look obnoxiously stupid, but as they're telling me this they are trying to sell me a set of 18s that has "et 42" so I would think these would poke out more but they told me that's not the case as it is "a very small difference" so if it's such a small difference then why would those fit fine and the ones that they aren't selling me be such a HUGE difference. I have a feeling this is them trying to get me to buy from them. Anyways. I was able to get the 18s put on to see what they'd look like. And I have a pic of the 20s. Check it out! Thanks again for all yalls help. This is a awesome forum.
Ps the BBS style rims are also at the same rim shop and I'm also contemplating them as well. They are th exact same size as the 18s I had test fitted on my car.

Attachments

·
Registered
457 Posts
They will stick out, but only a little bit. Here is mine with 20x8.5 +41 front and 20x9 +35 rear with 225/30 rubber on them.

My lips are even with the fenders so with the offset of yours the front will poke by about a 1/4" and the rear will tuck by the same amount. No where near the 4 inches they were saying.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea. Wish I knew that. But the smallest adapters they could get were 2" so it would be +2" on top of the offset to make the correct lug pattern. They put some 20s they had in the shop on to get an idea with 30 series tires and it rubbed up front and I really didn't wanna hack on my car so I said f$&k it and got the 18s with a 40 series tire so I would loose ride quality. I wanna drop it too but idk if I'm gonna have to change tires to prevent rub upfront. Worst case I'll drop the back just so it sits even. You think about a 1" would level it out?

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Did I read that right? Using lug adapters to get correct lug pattern for the wheels you want to run? 2" thick. That would def cause issues even with 42 offset. Our cars have a 5x114.3 pattern, what are you trying to run?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.