1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
318 Posts
i'd go by the moniker that anything required to make the car work shouldn't be bought on ebay. you should check out tirerack.com, they're a site sponsor and you can definitely get a set of 17" rims for under $500

·
Registered
126 Posts
I agree with Sovereign! Tirerack is good, so is Discount Tire Direct. On both sites you can see what the wheels will look like on your xB. I think that is huge.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have purchased a few TRD items on eBay- springs and fogs- from Toyota dealers.

I would not purchase wheels from eBay except from Discount Tire's store. Too many unknowns- quality and warranty especially. Plus, if you had a problem no store to go to.

I agree with Sovereign, Tire Rack is a good choice as is Discount Tire.

Good luck with the wheel hunt.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow these two sites rock! Not bad prices at all and free shipping! Ok well I have the 2010 and I know the bolt pattern but I don't know much about like what the offset means and such. If I move up to a 17in wheel would I need to do any wheel adjustment on the car or something?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No I'm not lowered. I couldnt be lowered if I wanted to, my xb would scrap everytime I back out of my driveway.

·
Registered
101 Posts
xsalvationx said:
Wow these two sites rock! Not bad prices at all and free shipping! Ok well I have the 2010 and I know the bolt pattern but I don't know much about like what the offset means and such. If I move up to a 17in wheel would I need to do any wheel adjustment on the car or something?
You want your offset number in the 40 to 50 range.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
And all lug nuts are universal right? I need to be educated.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok thank you guys so much. I love this site.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I will as soon as I get the money. I'm a college student so its hard enough with the car payments and as we all know tricking out a car is hella expensive!

·
Registered
318 Posts
xsalvationx said:
I will as soon as I get the money. I'm a college student so its hard enough with the car payments and as we all know tricking out a car is hella expensive!
i am well versed in the college car mod lol. it just takes a little longer than we'd like, but the anticipation is a quarter of the fun! half the fun is installing it, then the other quarter is enjoying it.*

*that's my ratio, adjust yours accordingly :rofl:

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
As a christmas/birthday present I'm getting an alarm system for it which is more important at the moment since I live in a rough neighborhood. This place near by is putting a system and installing it for only $250

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Also are wheel locks worth getting? I heard they are useless and are no challenge to someone who is trying to steal your rims.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.