Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to everyone i don't post much but i do check in regularly and read up, but i havent found the answer to what im looking for. I am looking into buying some 19x8.5 rims but im curious as to how wide of a rim can i actually put on the scion. thanks for the answers i tried looking it up n no luck.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Also, remember the width of the tires.
The stock ones are 205mm wide. That works out to just over 8" wide.
A common "wider" rubber is 225mm wide (225/50/16 works on the stock 16x6.5 steelies just fine). That is a but under 9" wide.
(Based on simple mm-inch conversion)
Based on that ALONE, 8" rims should fit fine (as long as tires aren't too wide).
8.5" is close, as they will likely need wider rubber.

235mm is just a hair over 9.25" wide. I know people use 235mm rubber on 19" and 20" rims for xB2s.
For 19" rims, 235/35/19 will get close to stock rolling diameter (accurate speedo, odometer, and computer readings). Looking at some 235/35/19 tire specs, they generally work for 8-9.5" rims with a measured rim width of 8.5."

So, width itself SHOULD be OK. Now, it gets to the best offset for 8.5" inch rims. That, I don't know.
IF you get rims w/ optimum offset and 235/35/19 tires, it COULD work OK.

(Take advise at OWN risk, as poster is not and NEVER claims to be a "wheel expert" or "wheel guru" and NEVER pretends to be one. Educated guesses are based on generally common knowledge gathered together.)

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
There is a guy on Scikotics (from the Knoxville area) that came to Greer today, who rolls on 19s.  IF he comes on here, he could help on this issue.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok. one last question with 19's will i or would i b able to lower it a little? I just want to make the rear and front look even instead of that hunched look. And if i can lower it what would u suggest to be a good spring. I saw the post with all the springs and how much they drop it. but still not to sure about it.thanks for the help in advance

·
Registered
339 Posts
I am currently running a set of 19" Racinghart 3 piece wheels on mine with Tanabe Df210 springs. No problems. I am going to be putting on a set of 19" TRD wheels custom painted soon as they get done and the Racingharts will be up for sale!

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Box Mafia said:
I am currently running a set of 19" Racinghart 3 piece wheels on mine with Tanabe Df210 springs. No problems. I am going to be putting on a set of 19" TRD wheels custom painted soon as they get done and the Racingharts will be up for sale!
What is the rim offset and width (both sets)?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Good question TJ I think the Racingharts are 19x7.5 not sure on offset, The TRD's are 19x8 and not sure on offset. the TRD's are the wheels offered by the dealer. I would have to do some searching. I'm not sure which wheels I want to paint and run. Tough decision. The TRD's have a little bigger lip on them. The Racingharts weight alot less. I just put on the Tanabe DF210's today. My set of Sprint springs will be up for sale cheap soon as I go and take pics. I'm thinking 100.00 plus shipping is fair. If I could get someone who is good at photoshop to show both sets painted it might help a ton.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the input. If i was going to change my springs the tanabe df210 was what i was looking at. I will make sure to post pics once i put them on.. my project is gonna launch soon. lol. thanks for the input guys. I appreciate it. Oh one last thing i know the rims are 19x7.5 and then u said upgrading to TRD 19x8. im looking at 19x8.5. its still half inch wider. It wont rub against the fender? This is my first car that im going to modify. So sorry if its obvious answers. Actually one more question i saw that there is a short ram air for the scion and then theres the CAI. which is better? the ram says it adds 10hp?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Will 17x8.0 5x114.3 40mm offset work without clearance issues, no rolling fenders and will it be almost flushed all around?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.