Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a black cherry brown 2008. I really like this car for the most part but have some questions about a few things. I hope I can find what I am looking for on this blog. I have 30,000 miles on my oems. I think they are Goodyear something. I would go out to the garage and check but the wife is out spending it all. You know the drill, ha ha. They are very noisy on rough road. I'm going in for the kill for another set of tires but don't want the same thing. I want an all weather tire that wont break the bank. Do you or anybody out there in cyberspace have any suggestions? confused

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
What are the performance parameters?

Would "all weather" need to include snow, or just heavy rain?

How do you drive?

Correct tire choice depends greatly upon the nut behind the wheel . . .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are absolutely right about the nuts behind the wheel. I live on the Central Coast of CA. It doesn't rain here much just like the song says. When it does rain I just don't drive like a nut. It doesn't snow here much on the Coast either. All weathers would be a perfect fit.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
If you aren't worried about driving in snow, there are a lot more performance options.
Snow changes the design drastically.

I have a set of BF Goodrich G-Force Sports that I love on my Miata.
When I need to replace the rubber I have now, I may get another set of those on the box.  I'll look and see if there is anything better for the money then.
Oh, and I like performance rubber that is good in the rain. I don't look much at road noise, so I'll/I'd look at tirerack reviews and see what they say about noise.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tire Rack has higher prices but that is why I am asking all of you seasoned veterans out there. I do realize that I have to pay more for what I want. The question is: is there a lower end tire that costs less that is comparable to the "middle of the road tires"? The road noise on my OEMs I have now suck! :yucky:

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
On tirerack, you can just look at the reviews and compare the tires.
Whether you buy or not from them is entirely up to you.

I'm not sure I can advise on specific rubber, as what I am looking for is very different than what you are.

I know Uniroyal Tiger Paws are decent mid-road tires and my wife and mother-in-law like the ones on their cars (a minivan and a Taurus station wagon).

Oh, and BF Goodrich and Uniroyal are now both owned by Michelin, as are several other smaller brands:
Kleber, Riken, Warrior, Taurus, Kormoran, Siamtyre, Euromaster, and a few more

http://www.michelin.com/corporate/f...odePage=20050310113052_10032005115711&lang=EN
Page 19

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.