Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my fellow XBers. I have been staying in Taylor, TX for about 3 months for an internship with HM Magazine. It's a magazine that features articles and stories from the Christian alternative/hardcore/metal scene. Anyway my time here is almost up and I'm ready to hit the road back to Chicago. Since it is an 20 hour drive, I will be hitting up Clarksville, Tennessee to spend one night at a friends place to shorten the ride. Then heading up to Chicago the following morning. I can't wait to drive the old XB out there again. I will check tire pressures, maybe get some octane and put in an extra quart of Mobil 1 synthetic just for good measure. Here is a picture of my XB. Sorry no mods to it, I'm broke just from the monthly payments.

http://i853.photobucket.com/albums/ab96/Soulja4Jesus2001_2010/editscion.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a>

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok thanks for saying don't put an extra quart. I will try to take pictures. I'm so not ready for all the bugs that will splatter all over my window.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
If you want an "extra quart" . . .
Put it in the spare tire well as "back up." The engine holds 4.5 quarts, no more.

Have fun on the trip!
-Take picts.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
You'll be going from the best state on earth, to the second best place on earth! Have a nice drive!

By the way, I have quite a few issues of HM Magazine from a few years ago. Very cool you got to intern with them! :yes:

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool man! Pick up the newest issue. It has Flatfoot 56 on the front. I got a couple of stories and 13 album reviews in there.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My name is Daniel Garcia btw, so you'll see which stories are mine. But yea, hope I don't run into any cops. Me being a genius, I left my cop radar back in Chicago.

·
Registered
739 Posts
"You'll be going from the best state on earth, to the second best place on earth! Have a nice drive!"

Debatable at best!!! :naughty:

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I plan on leaving the morning of April 5th. It might take me a little longer to get to Tennessee because I am limited on gas money. With my XB, my MPG raises high with driving around 45-55.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.