Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 171 Posts

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post shots of your roof racks here . . .

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Mine:

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
That looks great TJ! The new wheels, the roof rack, the vinyl...

Two questions:
Are you still on TRD springs?
Why doesn't the vinyl go down the hatch and rear bumper - Just not want it to?

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yep, those are the TRDs. Love 'em! (they look taller in that shot than in person- meaning a smaller gap)

The rear door is more left-right, so I ended at the window. Visually, it falls at an odd place on the rear bumper. When/if I add the originally intended red border/edge to it, that will go down the window to a logo on the red bottom (not sure which one yet).

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Oh wow, I thought it looked lower than before. Thin red stripes would look cool on the bold black one. This really has me thinking about doing some sort of vinyl this summer...

·
Registered
566 Posts
TJ- Looks good. I gave up on a roof rack. Wanted one to haul kayaks then realized that the bow and stern straps (that I use for anything other than local travel) would rub the clear coat off the front and rear bumpers. Not many vehicles have real bumpers anymore. That has given my old Nissan pickup some job security.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Tartan, What kind of rack is that you have?

*edit* guess that was a dumb question, once looking at the pictures again I see that it's a yakima. any other details?

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yakima with 50" fairing, plus the "Basketcase"
I set the front to spec and the rear to where the basket sits longwise inset between them, out of the wind. As the stripe is there, I offset it to align to it. If set right, 2 should fit side-by-side there.
As is, I have a "strapthing" (came w/ bar) too. I use it on the other, open side. I also have 2 sets of pads (one Yakima and one for Half-Moon Outfitters from South Carolina), which can be mounted one set of both to cover the width (test fitted, but not needed yet). I store that stuff under the rear, in the tire pocket (my hold).

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Most places pretty much sell at list price. Some are slightly less, but very seldom my much.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Here's mine...

Crossbars -- $25 used off craigslist
Towers with lock-- $50 used off craigslist
Q-clip -- New $35
Fairing -- New $70
Bike Mounts -- $75 used off craigslist

You can find the parts out there, just gotta look...took me about 3 weeks to part it all together...

Emanuel

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
When I got mine, I'd not seen (or probably just didn't notice) roof racks on xBs. Since then, I've seen a lot . . .
At Sanitarium, besides mu own there were several gen 1s w/ one. At least, I used mine there. It carried my launch (a scooter) down and back, cannons and a chest during the parade and display and supported a flag staff during the show itself.

·
Registered
151 Posts
EMAN love everything about your car! The rack is sick the wheels are sick the drop is just nasty (im jealous...cant do that in nyc...winter suxxxxxx) good stuff man.

·
Registered
13 Posts
youre trespassing
Lol, I'm at my church, and I'm a cop...I think I'm good! :p

EMAN love everything about your car! The rack is sick the wheels are sick the drop is just nasty (im jealous...cant do that in nyc...winter suxxxxxx) good stuff man.
Thanks man...I grew up in Cleveland, OH and I know just how bad the roads are up north...I would def. not be rockin this setup up there...

Emanuel

·
Registered
151 Posts
Lol, I'm at my church, and I'm a cop...I think I'm good! :p

Thanks man...I grew up in Cleveland, OH and I know just how bad the roads are up north...I would def. not be rockin this setup up there...

Emanuel
Haha yea i hear you, bad roads = no bueno. And im a cop too lol.

1 - 20 of 171 Posts