Scion XB Forum banner
121 - 140 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
With the wind fairing, how loud is it? The one I have right now doesn't have a fairing and boy does it get loud.
Yeah it's still pretty noisy, but I also have a full rack on top. I'm sure the fairing would help with the noise, and the basket comes with it's own small fairing but it whistles. I'll mess with it a bit and get it to stop but honestly, I always have my music up so I don't hear it LOL. And with the sunroof closed, i'm good.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Oh and an FYI:
The Yakima BasketCase net works ideally as a "spider" cargo net (horizontal net) in the rear cargo area. I actually own 2, one for my basket (when installed) and one for inside.
This is good to know! I was thinking about picking up a net for the back. I will go with another basketcase net. I just leave the one I have now up on the basket. I love the red against the blue! LOL

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
Yeah it's still pretty noisy, but I also have a full rack on top. I'm sure the fairing would help with the noise, and the basket comes with it's own small fairing but it whistles. I'll mess with it a bit and get it to stop but honestly, I always have my music up so I don't hear it LOL. And with the sunroof closed, i'm good.
The noise may be from running the main fairing with the basket. The lower fairing is shoving air into the basket bars- negating the basket's fairing. When I first installed my Stingray basket, I mounted it behind the lower fairing (front fairing bar to cross bar direct) and noise wasn't an issue. Once I got the extension, I moved the front part forward and the noise with the bar fairings (tried both the Yakima and my modded-to-fit Thule). I realized the noise was from the air being shoved into the fairing's bars . . .
Therefore, I removed the lower fairing. All was well.
Just to be "safe" . . . I installed my wind-vein/teardrop style Yakima WindJammer on the back bar of the rack. Not sure I does anything, really.

Now, I don't even hear the basket, even though it is now absurdly long (roughly the same as the Megawarrior, only somewhat narrower and lower profiled).

I got the Stingray from Discountramps.com (now nicknamed Discount Tramps on here), and have been pleasantly surprised. It's better than I expected and the outer, thicker bar is the same diameter as the Yakima crossbars, allowing the use of Yakima bar-mounted accessories.

Reactions: LaPutaXb2

·
Registered
177 Posts
The noise may be from running the main fairing with the basket. The lower fairing is shoving air into the basket bars- negating the basket's fairing. When I first installed my Stingray basket, I mounted it behind the lower fairing (front fairing bar to cross bar direct) and noise wasn't an issue. Once I got the extension, I moved the front part forward and the noise with the bar fairings (tried both the Yakima and my modded-to-fit Thule). I realized the noise was from the air being shoved into the fairing's bars . . .
Just to be "safe" . . . I installed my wind-vein/teardrop style Yakima WindJammer on the back bar of the rack. Not sure I does anything, really.

Now, I don't even hear the basket, even though it is now absurdly long (roughly the same as the Megawarrior, only somewhat narrower and lower profiled).

I got the Stingray from Discountramps.com (now nicknamed Discount Tramps on here), and have been pleasantly surprised. It's better than I expected and the outer, thicker bar is the same diameter as the Yakima crossbars, allowing the use of Yakima bar-mounted accessories.
Good info. I may have to try that! Thanks :cheers:

·
Registered
109 Posts

I've got the "Rooftop Cargo Rack" from discountramps on mine. I love the look, but they don't make a fairing for it :-/

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ok, so I just read through this entire thread and I still have a few questions...
1. What length crossbars do I need?
2. Where is the best place to get an inno rack?
3. Where abouts are you located Tartan Jack, sound like you are near me? (Simpsonville)
4. Will most accessories, ie. baskets/bike carriers, fit an inno rack?

Thanks!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Get 58" bars inno rack from autoanything and inno is just like Thule so anything that will fit square bars will fit

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
Ok, so I just read through this entire thread and I still have a few questions...
1. What length crossbars do I need?
2. Where is the best place to get an inno rack?
3. Where abouts are you located Tartan Jack, sound like you are near me? (Simpsonville)
4. Will most accessories, ie. baskets/bike carriers, fit an inno rack?
å
Thanks!
Most bar accessories are listed for a range of applications, though some require adapters sold separately. Yakima stuff, for example, lists the applications for each item on their site, Most are for round, square, or rectangular bars with the standard mounting snap-arounds- by removal of some clip parts.
Look at the sites for the companies selling accessories for that kinda info.

As for location . . .
I'm not that far away.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Long time no talk fellow peeps! Anyways just a heads up be very aware of your roof rack when your loaded down. I carry a canoe bikes tents all kinds of crap up there and I was in a rush due to some bad weather and into the garage I drove! Wtf??? Was I thinking lol bikes survived rack survived xb did not the rack slid back and crushed the area where the towers clamp down. $1100 to fix at Toyota they said they see it all the time. I'm such a goober. I put it back up and just moved the towers a bit and I can still use it. I figured I would just fix it whenever it's time to get rid of the xb. Lucky I was just pulling in slowly not hauling *** in.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 ·
Not that I know of.
BUT . . .
I've seriously thought about making one by adding slats and nylon loop-around connectors to attach them to the slats of my Rage Stingray basket.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I joined the inno club today. I got a good deal on one from user MikeyBoy who left us for a Toyota Tacoma (BOOOOOOOO (but at least he stayed Toyota))... I'm missing one fairing carriage bolt so I left the center mount off. It's probably wobbling around up there a bit, but I emailed inno and ors racks to see what they could do about the missing piece.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I am jealous I wanted that one but I was too late! Looks great

·
Registered
314 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
anyone know if it's hard to order a new key/ lock core for an inno rack? I've misplaced my keys for my roof rack. Not that I really plan to take it off anytime soon, but I don't want it to be permanent.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Anyone show a roof rack that will hold snowboards? (debating if I will actually use a roof rack lol)

Im a total newbie when its comes to this topic but need some help on some information.

121 - 140 of 172 Posts