Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A looong time ago I asked for help sourcing a rack for my XB2. Not sure who it was, but thanks for the tip - I now have a Perrycraft Sportquest rack bolted to my roof, and it looks good. Installation was by Custom Vans/Houston, Inc., who did a nice job and were very easy to deal with, in case anyone else in H-town needs a similar installation. I'll shortly be adding a 3rd bike carrier in the center (for an aft facing bike) to complete the conversion to a full grade bike carrying machine.

And this post would be worthless without pictures.....

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To answer the various questions:

- the rubber strip covers the weld seam, so you can't drill a hole there. Perrycraft have detailed instructions for the installers for each model. The towers are attached adjacent to the welded seam where its stiffest;
- wind noise from the cross bar is noticeable when bare, but is broken up by the bike carriers. There is an increase in noise at speed - that's life with a rack. I've thought about a Yakima Spoiler, but don't think I need it;
- installation is done from the outside - drill holes through the steel and install a kind of molly-bolt/rivet type fastener. Headliner inside is undisturbed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.