Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2008 xB
568 Posts
Guvnor said:
A looong time ago I asked for help sourcing a rack for my XB2. Not sure who it was, but thanks for the tip - I now have a Perrycraft Sportquest rack bolted to my roof, and it looks good. Installation was by Custom Vans/Houston, Inc., who did a nice job and were very easy to deal with, in case anyone else in H-town needs a similar installation....
Aw shucks (blush), that might have been me. Looks great...and thanks for being the guinea pig for this project. It's still on my list of things to do, but at this point I'll wait until spring Do you know if they dropped the headliner to install the rack, or was the installation done strictly from the outside?

· Registered
2008 xB
568 Posts
onefastricerocket said:
...Does anyone know who would install the rack for me?? The place that im buying the rack from doesn't install.. which kind of worries me. There must be a reason why they don't install them.

I called and asked for a price and they said for the full set with side rails and crossbars itll come out to $279. Does that sound good to you guys ??
Have you called Perrycraft customer service? Also, where are you located? $279 is a pretty good price...depending on what installation costs. A Thule clamp-on set up would be over $400. A lot of DIY projects aren't that difficult once you get over the trauma of having to drill or cut into your ride.

I looked into Perrycraft racks a while ago for hauling kayaks, but forget whether installation can be done just from the outside (or if you have to pull the headliner). I installed a Thule rack on my truck which required drilling holes in the shell. Four years later and no leaks. I've put this project on hold for the xB until I figure out how to attach bow and stern lines that won't rub off the clearcoat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.