Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've had an old 2006 scion xb for years now but wanted a bigger engine so I just upgraded and bought a 2008 xb.

So far loving the extra power but notice that everytime I shut any of the doors, driver or passenger, the roof really rattles. I noticed the same thing on another '08 xb I was looking at...is this a function of this year's model? Has anyone else experienced this and found a solution?

Thanks for the help, I love my box but dont want it to sound like it's gonna fall apart everytime I get out of the car!

Ethan

·
Registered
314 Posts
Sound deaden it, or dont close the door as hard

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Don't have that issue. My car sounds tight when it closes.. actually love the sound

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys...hoping I didn't get a roof rattling lemon. I'm gonna take it to my guy to have a look...In the meantime, will be more gentle with door closing.

·
Registered
595 Posts
but yes the roof is really thin the cross beams are not welded to the roof they are welded to the corners so down the middle all they have is little foam pieces so its not metal to metal. i put sound deader and the roof is solid now, even when people slam the doors the roof wont make noise.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I purchased my sound deadener about 6 years ago and what i had left over was enough for the roof. i was able to get 3 layers in between the beams total of 7 slots from front to back . in the rear 2 slots i did 4 layers due to my system being in the rear makes the roof rattle more back there. the link below is similar to the stuff i had.

https://chrome.ebay.com/tablet/item?itemId=121065927520&sk=SCH_550029

1 - 7 of 7 Posts