Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife came home from work...but, the driver's side "rubber roof trim" on the xB did not :eek:....hmmmm, anyone else lost this rubber/plastic strip that runs the length of the roof from front to back?

Brewski

·
Registered
167 Posts
Happened to me a couple weeks ago. Other than it taking my dealer 3 hours to reinstall a new one, it was free of charge to replace. Just call your dealer.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
quackPOT said:
Happened to me a couple weeks ago. Other than it taking my dealer 3 hours to reinstall a new one, it was free of charge to replace. Just call your dealer.
Covered under 3yrs/36K miles...called earlier today, they placed the part on order and it will be installed free of charge early next week. Sure hope that it doesn't happen again after the warranty period.

Brewski

·
Registered
783 Posts
angiebuds said:
There is a roof chain for him in the opposite side of the table. If it is still amazing this could be know to the whole place. There skills in roofing should be enlightened.
I can literally understand none of this post.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,312 Posts
angiebuds said:
There is a roof chain for him in the opposite side of the table. If it is still amazing this could be know to the whole place. There skills in roofing should be enlightened.
??? What? ???

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
angiebuds said:
Seems like "spam" to me...

Brewski

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Ok my roof trim piece is missing on the drivers side, but it didn't get blown away I still have it. All of it goes back into the grooves fine, except for the few inches that don't have grooves at the front and the back (they stick up). What would you guys use to reattach it?

·
Registered
559 Posts
Ok my roof trim piece is missing on the drivers side, but it didn't get blown away I still have it. All of it goes back into the grooves fine, except for the few inches that don't have grooves at the front and the back (they stick up). What would you guys use to reattach it?
Clean the valley really good with a non greasy/frangrance style cleaner and then some gorilla glue.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Happened to me on both sides of the car. The dealership replaced it for free under warranty. I looked into the pricing of those rubber moldings out of curiosity and they run $85 each through the dealer! Thank God for warranties, lol

·
Registered
368 Posts
Happened to me on both sides of the car. The dealership replaced it for free under warranty. I looked into the pricing of those rubber moldings out of curiosity and they run $85 each through the dealer! Thank God for warranties, lol
That is total BS!!! $85 per molding......for those of us that don't have a warranty that would truly suck! Paying for something that should not fall off our cars is insane.....that screams poor quality!!! Who does Toyota have building these cars....the Mogadishu, Somalia factory??? :confused::eek::boxing:
Thank God I haven't had a problem with ours......is this a problem with all model years? Sheeeeeeesh!

BamBam
BoxGT1
:biggrin::rolleyes::)

·
Registered
964 Posts
I would bet that if it happened out of warranty and you called Scion, they would take care of all or part of the costs. Hopefully we'll never have to find out!

·
Registered
368 Posts
I would bet that if it happened out of warranty and you called Scion, they would take care of all or part of the costs. Hopefully we'll never have to find out!
I hope so as well......I was wondering if this is something that has happened to just those xBs up North. Thinking that water may be getting underneath the molding during the winter months, freezes, and pops things loose??? Any comments?

BamBam
BoxGT1

·
Registered
116 Posts
Mine came off because the vehicle was on the top most front position of a car carrier trailer, above the cab and facing the wrong way for about a thousand miles. Yee haw! Boy did I have fun scraping the bugs off the back window too. :p

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I hope so as well......I was wondering if this is something that has happened to just those xBs up North. Thinking that water may be getting underneath the molding during the winter months, freezes, and pops things loose??? Any comments?

BamBam
BoxGT1
My xB lives in the Texas heat! I was lucky enough to be able to take mine off before it blew completely away and was gone forever. When I finally decided to fix it, I just used some Gorilla Glue from Home Depot. So far my drivers side trim is the only one that it has happened to.

·
Registered
964 Posts
How is it held in originally? Does it snap into a channel? Is it glued or held on with 3M tape?

Maybe this is something that even if we fix ourselves should be reported to Toyota/Scion so they can document the problem.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
How is it held in originally? Does it snap into a channel? Is it glued or held on with 3M tape?

Maybe this is something that even if we fix ourselves should be reported to Toyota/Scion so they can document the problem.
There's a clip at the front and the rear, and the middle is pushed down in a groove along the length of the car.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts