Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back again with another small issue with my 2013 Series 10. The engine idles rough when at stoplights, etc. You can feel it in the brake pedal and you can see the tach jumping around (not much, 100 rpm or so). I noticed it most after just starting and driving the vehicle. Weather not a factor, happens in cold or hot weather. Acceleration and cruising is always smooth. First time at dealer they cleaned something (throttle body I believe) and said it was the gas I was using. (It's not, I use it the same gas in my other Xb and a KIA I own, never a problem, and I've owned those cars much longer than this Xb). The second time I took it to the dealer it could not be duplicated. Of course, the next day, it happened. I have put a couple of bottles of Techron fuel system cleaner to see if it made any difference and it has not. I suppose I will have to leave the vehicle with dealer but before I do I wanted to see if anyone on the forum had the same problem. Thanks for the help.

· Registered
846 Posts
I had the same thing happen in my '00 Tundra. Although it did not throw a alert in the CPU, it was the MAP sensor. The tech said it was just under the voltage spec by a tenth of a volt.He replaced it and the problem went away. I'm not saying that this is your problem but I hope this helps.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like a starting point. I'm finding the rough idle is definitely happening when the car is cold (that is, just after start) and idling in gear at a complete stop. Appreciate the tip.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.